Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biblical standards (??)
I hope that the headline doesn't put people off. This article is about a school in Virginia USA, that asked that an eight year old girl be removed from the school because her appearance did not meet "Biblical standards" It makes interesting if rather alarming reading. This gives you a flavour:

We believe that unless Sunnie and her family clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that TCS is not the best place for her future education."

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/campbell...e/25161760
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Disturbing.

But Bowyn stated once there actually was no State-Church separation in the US constitution as he is correct.

I'm actually wonder how the hell did they manage to put "Church is hereby submitted to the law of the State" here..

So I think it's time to look for a proper place for that girl.

I'd hate to see such a lovely girl with so much confidence and comfort in being herself to be ruined by religious adults.

southbiochem Wrote:Disturbing.

But Bowyn stated once there actually was no State-Church separation in the US constitution as he is correct.

Apparently it's a private school so not subject to State laws. Even so......
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

LONDONER Wrote:

Apparently it's a private school so not subject to State laws. Even so......

Private schools still have to follow State regulations otherwise they get shut down no? At least here they do.

Fashion is a religious zealot man-made rule, not one passed on from the bible.

I've only read the bible a couple of times in my life......I do not remember any laws governing fashion or the punishment thereof.

Fashion has nothing to do with religion. These morons are just looking for reasons to control people......as all religions do.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Fashion is a religious zealot man-made rule, not one passed on from the bible.

I've only read the bible a couple of times in my life......I do not remember any laws governing fashion or the punishment thereof.

Fashion has nothing to do with religion. These morons are just looking for reasons to control people......as all religions do.

Actually there is a dress code:

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bibl...ress-Code/

Two passages for women:

1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

Deuteronomy 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Please to note aside from mixing two threads (poly cotton blends are Abomination to the Lord), males don't have a dress code - apparently aside from being totally naked a man can wear anything he wants - as long as its not composed of two different kinds of fiber.

Lev 19:19 “You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.

Tim 2:9 I put here to show the hippocracy, each man who gets his wife a gold wedding ring is causing her to sin before the eyes of God.

Of course we are talking about a people who pick and choose what parts of the law they follow. Few Christian Churches observer Sabbath (Sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) instead they observe Sunday. They all pretty much wear cotton poly blends, most men shave their beard, trim their side burns, they eat pork and shell fish and then turn around and pull out one of those old laws to condemn homosexuals....

Which, ironically, by insisting on using 'The Law' to judge others you, yourself become adjudged by the whole of the Law.

So when you are dealing with this sort of people, they only know the parts of the bible that they can rest their claims of superiority upon, the rest of it they ignore.

Which is why they are all going to hell.... and are going to be in for a terrible surprise when they are called out of their graves for the Final Judgment.

In America "Christian Schools" are immune to a lot of the secular laws when it comes to extras of the course work. While there is a standard to be met in the basic R's (reading, writing, arithmetic) history and social studies (civics, government) the law becomes lax on the sciences and of course the extras such as bible study and creationalism and enforcing dress code as per any given authority.

As for this incident:

"For confidentiality reasons related to a minor, it is not possible for us to explain in full detail the volume of documentation we have concerning the situation that the grandparents have made public. There is much more to this story than has been revealed related to Sunnie and the classroom environment. Our documentation shows a significantly different narrative than the one portrayed in the original news report."

I suspect there is more to this story and the school has its hands tied due to the minor confidence laws. I wouldn't be surprised if the real reason for dismissal from this school is wholly unrelated to dress code.

QUOTE=Bowyn Aerrow;420368
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Bibl...ress-Code/
This is the English translated version, supposedly of the "original" bible......of course we all know that MANY things are lost in translation, as well as those who think their own values should be integrated.....

Two passages for women:

1 Timothy 2:9 - In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
So, all the women, since the 1960's have been abominations?

Deuteronomy 22:5 - The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so [are] abomination unto the LORD thy God.
But men wore "dresses" or "caftans" back then, just as women did.

Please to note aside from mixing two threads (poly cotton blends are Abomination to the Lord), males don't have a dress code - apparently aside from being totally naked a man can wear anything he wants - as long as its not composed of two different kinds of fiber.
And it stated man cannot wear what a woman wears. So much for drag queens in heaven!!!! LMFFFAO

Lev 19:19 “You shall keep my statutes. You shall not let your cattle breed with a different kind. You shall not sow your field with two kinds of seed, nor shall you wear a garment of cloth made of two kinds of material.
[COLOR="blue"]So....what........you gotta put chastity belts on your cattle?
A box of mixed flower seeds is unholy?[/COLOR]

Tim 2:9 I put here to show the hippocracy, each man who gets his wife a gold wedding ring is causing her to sin before the eyes of God.

Of course we are talking about a people who pick and choose what parts of the law they follow. Few Christian Churches observer Sabbath (Sunset Friday to sunset Saturday) instead they observe Sunday. They all pretty much wear cotton poly blends, most men shave their beard, trim their side burns, they eat pork and shell fish and then turn around and pull out one of those old laws to condemn homosexuals....

Which, ironically, by insisting on using 'The Law' to judge others you, yourself become adjudged by the whole of the Law.

So when you are dealing with this sort of people, they only know the parts of the bible that they can rest their claims of superiority upon, the rest of it they ignore.

Which is why they are all going to hell.... and are going to be in for a terrible surprise when they are called out of their graves for the Final Judgment.
AMEN BRUTHAH!/QUOTE

I don't understand how the clothes you wear impact the ability one has to live a life dedicated to Jesus. When I attended a Catholic elementry school, I was taught that personal differences were God's way of making us special. Is that what I think now? Maybe not, but it's better than this ridiculous differences turn us away from God nonsense.

I think religious institutions miss an excellent opportunity with LGBT people. LGBT generally receive a little less love from society than an average person, so wouldn't faith be even more satisfying for them? The drive to oppress and villainize a group of people who could be a good resource, and who would have been protected by Jesus, is one that the majority of churches and religion people have entirely missed.

It is difficult to have much sympathy for a faith that is progressively decreasing as the old die off... there are consequences for one's choices, and that includes the hierarchy of religion.

I read this story a few days ago. It's rather sensationalist. I'm going to ask a question nobody else is asking.

Why did they think it was a good idea to put this girl in a christian school to begin with?

And for clarification, private schools in the US only have to uphold separation of church and state if they are supported by public money, and even then there are numerous loopholes.