Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest Pet Peeve
princealbertofb Wrote:Does he know that's how you feel? He probably thinks he's being sociable... when in fact you'd rather he sat with you from the start of the show, or didn't sit with you at all.

He knows what he's doing. He doesn't watch the damn shows in the first place. I watch every week so I can follow the story, and he asks these questions that would require that I explain shit that happened 3 episodes ago. And he doesn't really care about the story. He just wants to interrupt my shit because whatever he has to say is more important than what I'm watching.

I bitch, but I kid. When you live with someone you love, you've got to learn to overlook the small stuff. I know there's some things I do that drive him nuts, so if I expect him to deal with that, I have to be willing to deal with his quirks. Which I am. I'm learning more everyday that long-term, committed relationships take hard work and compromise.

swalter Wrote:Darin also refuses to put new rolls of TP on the roller. He just balances the new roll on top of the old cardboard tube. >Sad

I cured this one in my home by putting one of the tissue/magazine holder combos in each bath. The roll simply slides onto the holder so no excuses. Now getting it in the RIGHT direction is another story. LaughLaughLaugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

swalter Wrote:He knows what he's doing. ...And he doesn't really care about the story. He just wants to interrupt my shit because whatever he has to say is more important than what I'm watching. ....

When this happens and I know for real it's simply his being either "sociable" or a smart ass, I ALWAYS say "it's the best damn thing I've seen in a long time" and then ignore him to continue watching. He knows not to play that too much and he grins with "the look." LaughRemybussi
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

CCRox Wrote:When this happens and I know for real it's simply his being either "sociable" or a smart ass, I ALWAYS say "it's the best damn thing I've seen in a long time" and then ignore him to continue watching. He knows not to play that too much and he grins with "the look." LaughRemybussi
The things we do for love...

CCRox you hit it with getting the TP roll on the right way. I can't figure out why that bothers me so much but why oh why can people not get that correct? Put it on so it's like a waterfall !! Is it really that hard?
This is going to be a good topic!

Seriously, people who put the TP roll on backwards so it feeds from the bottom should be rounded up and executed. Society is too fragile to allow a TP free-for-all. Like CarGuy said, it should be like a waterfall.

Mine is when I'm obviously in a mood and all I get is 'are you okay?' Yup. 'Whats up?' Nothing. 5 minutes later 'You alright?' Yup 'Sure?' Mhm I'm fine. Then a further 5 minutes 'So you okay?' OH GOD I WANT TO HIT PEOPLE WHEN THEY DO THAT Angry!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

CarGuy65 Wrote:CCRox you hit it with getting the TP roll on the right way. I can't figure out why that bothers me so much but why oh why can people not get that correct? Put it on so it's like a waterfall !! Is it really that hard?
This is going to be a good topic!

It's a tough one because the argument for "backwards" is that it helps conserve the amount you use. And many people can relate to conservation. So it's no battle to be won except that if you have one of the AMAZING holders that you just slide the roll on you can switch it around one handed and leave it for the next person's opinion. Tongue3

CCRox Wrote:It's a tough one because the argument for "backwards" is that it helps conserve the amount you use
What evidence is there that supports this idea?

swalter Wrote:What evidence is there that supports this idea?

LOL It's all over the web. LaughLaugh Wavey

In the article "Bathroom Politics: Introducing Students to Sociological Thinking from the Bottom Up",[4] Eastern Institute of Technology sociology professor Edgar Alan Burns describes some reasons why toilet paper politics is worthy of examination.