Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bigotry and Racial tension in LGBT land
artyboy Wrote:I havent ever felt right in the LGBT scene due to being disabled.

Only scene I've ever had dealing with is the Bristol one, not much Racism going on there I don't think, Bristol is quite an open city towards other cultures and what not. Huge West Indian community in Bristol so no one really can tell the difference these days there lol!

But as being disabled myself I get treated quite badly, they think Im just after a carer or something in fact I just want to fuck them lol! Joking aside there has been a lot of change for these communities and on the most part they are a good thing but a long way to go. But that goes for other groups of people too.

In the daytime...afternoon and early evening..there were actually a lot of disabled people who were part of the regular crowd...and they fit in great...(and got dates) ....

My favorite was a Down's Syndrome couple who were bisexual..I adored them. There was also a guy with cerebral palsy and other people as well...but I didn't really see the disabilities after I initially met them...I just saw them as people like anyone else. It was Janet and Mike and Scotty and Jeff and.....

The night time though..way different. A lot of gay guys act like mean high school girls..tearing apart other people for the haircut or clothes or body. I used to get embarrassed for them and when they talked to me they knew better..I DO NOT participate in ripping people apart for their appearnce...it is a really bad character trait and shows how insecure the person doing it is. Bottom line...they are assholes....and everyone gets a turn with these dickheads.....

The real problem though...it is so packed..when I had to go from the bar to the bathroom or anywhere else it was like a game of twister and I had to pivot and bend and slide nits to butts to get anywhere..so if you have any disability that impedes movement it would be a hard place to get around at night...

artyboy Wrote:I'm disabled so I don't get any respect from the able bodied LGBT brigade. I can't get into gay clubs, bars or pubs. Even if I was into gay bathhouses, Hardly any are accessible. I go to gay prides and get these stupid Queens mouthing off at me for how I look. LGBT are the same as the rest of humanity up their on rear ends!

I would definitely respect you and definitely make you feel welcome....

I was a bartender in a gay bar for 20 years...and if anyone fucked with you or treated you badly...they would have to answer to me. I would not tolerate that and everyone knew it.

East Wrote:In the daytime...afternoon and early evening..there were actually a lot of disabled people who were part of the regular crowd...and they fit in great...(and got dates) ....

My favorite was a Down's Syndrome couple who were bisexual..I adored them. There was also a guy with cerebral palsy and other people as well...but I didn't really see the disabilities after I initially met them...I just saw them as people like anyone else. It was Janet and Mike and Scotty and Jeff and.....

The night time though..way different. A lot of gay guys act like mean high school girls..tearing apart other people for the haircut or clothes or body. I used to get embarrassed for them and when they talked to me they knew better..I DO NOT participate in ripping people apart for their appearnce...it is a really bad character trait and shows how insecure the person doing it is. Bottom line...they are assholes....and everyone gets a turn with these dickheads.....

The real problem though...it is so packed..when I had to go from the bar to the bathroom or anywhere else it was like a game of twister and I had to pivot and bend and slide nits to butts to get anywhere..so if you have any disability that impedes movement it would be a hard place to get around at night...

If I'm in my wheelchair I just shut nicely to move if they ignore me I bush my way though lol.

Well that's in a normal club.

haha that is so awesome man,,,

kindy64 Wrote:(Was researching what fiance and I can do on Halloween around here.)

How did that turn out?

NativeSon Wrote:How did that turn out?

Still researching. Hoping to find something fun to do. He's got friends who are throwing parties, but I'd rather go out to an event or something.

Hmmm bigotry and racism in the LGBT community is very odd, you would think that people in the community would be more accepting. For me I find it hard to understand.

Ahh yeah. Happens all the time. You'd be amazed at how many gays 1) hate bisexuals and 2) hate single gay/bisexual asian men.

I don't see a lot of discrimination where I live as far as blacks are concerned in the LGBT community, but asians get a lot of hate for "stealing all the good men", it seems. And many gay men (white and black men, at least) that date asians get flack for it, as well.

artyboy Wrote:Hmmm bigotry and racism in the LGBT community is very odd, you would think that people in the community would be more accepting. For me I find it hard to understand.

Unfortunately...it is a sociological phenomenon where oppressed groups of people oppress each other...and within the Western Modern LGBT Community....though the dynamics change slightly with each group you are talking about... the people who participate in this discrimination hold anyone who successfully imitates the original oppressors in high regard....and think it elevates them to kick people down who don't meet these standards....

Able Bodied Heterosexual White Males who are macho and have no feminine traits....these are the original oppressors and who the LGBT oppressors revere.....

This group of gay men also places alot of importance on appearance and image which is ironic because the very thing they hold dear... they know nothing about.

Actual beauty has nothing to do with appearance....or race...or age...it is ALWAYS about who you are....

It is sad. It has always been sad...but there is a silver lining. It is easy to rise above....if you can define yourself and not let them define you...it can be as difficult or as easy as you allow it to be.

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:Ahh yeah. Happens all the time. You'd be amazed at how many gays 1) hate bisexuals and 2) hate single gay/bisexual asian men.

I don't see a lot of discrimination where I live as far as blacks are concerned in the LGBT community, but asians get a lot of hate for "stealing all the good men", it seems. And many gay men (white and black men, at least) that date asians get flack for it, as well.

Have you see this video Twist?

I posted it on my facebook page a few days ago...

Everyone should watch it.....

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/10000000...spond.html