Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BillSam says hello
I am a middle-aged American who was born and lives in Manhattan in the great city of New York. I am an author of many books on popular culture, films, and the performing arts, as well as biographies. I find it interesting to get opinions about gay life and being gay from message boards where there are people who might have a different point of view -- different country, culture, diverse ages.

I have two blogs, one of which is a gay advice column called "Ask Dr. Bill." The other is entitled Jewish Author Tough Gay Activist Bear -- jatgab dot blogspot dot com. -- where I go into various gay issues from a political and occasionally irreverent pov. I am a Gay Bear -- part of the huge bear community of America. (Basically a bear is a big hairy guy, although I am classified as an "otter" because I'm slender and not over six feet. Bears are generally non-stereotypical, working class, "average" joes who happen to be gay, but nowdays there are a great many variations on the classic bear.)

I am also an "opinionated bastard" who is not always politically correct, but my opinions are always educated due to many years as an Out and Proud Gay Man. I was also in the very important Gay Rights group, Gay Activists Alliance of New York, for several years. I write about gay issues for gay magazines and papers as well.

Welcome aboard...

Political correctness... DILLIGAF! Wink

Welcome

Hiya, and welcome to site !!

You and I will, I'm sure, get along just fine - we've already crossed swords :biggrin: (kidding - it's nice to have differences of opinion).

I'll look forward to seeing you around !!

Take care,

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Thanks! And nice quote! Bill

Thanks, Shadow, and differences of opinion can be stimulating!

Hey Bill welcome to the forum. Interesting intro!

Hope you like it here :biggrin:

Thanks for the welcome, spotysocks. I'm sure I'll find ths board quite interesting.

BillSam

BillSam Wrote:Thanks, Shadow, and differences of opinion can be stimulating!

Oh absolutely !! Confusedmile: - I was saying the other day that what's REALLY cool about this place (amongst other things) is that people can agree to disagree and still remain friends, which is VERY very cool indeed :biggrin:.

Nice to have you on board babe x

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!