Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birthday coming up
Hi guys I know I don't post on here a lot but I still would like to share this. My 21st birthday is coming up, and to celebrate it I'm going club/bar hopping with my friends and some coworkers. They all are buying me drinks and... lets just say I'm pretty sure I'm going to black out at some point lol. The thing is I'm not out about my sexuality to most of them... and I'm so scared of doing some drunken gay stuff... I know that sounds insecure but its just that I work with some pretty good looking guys lol and I simply would like to not get caught doing the splits in the air or dancing with another guy lol. Do any of you have this fear? Or should I just loosen up, be myself and not care?

For me, I find alcohol doesn't change my behavior. It also lowers my sex drive to about nil. While I have had a few blackouts I was still pretty normal for me (if slowed down).

Obviously that's not true for everyone. Some (men and women both) become promiscuous even after the slightest amount of alcohol which makes me think alcohol is more of an excuse to act as they want to rather than alcohol changing their behavior. Of course it becomes a lot more complicated when there's a lot of alcohol involved and I'm not sure what the truth is then.

Btw, try to keep this in mind: just because a little alcohol feels good does not mean that more alcohol will make you feel even better. When you're feeling good enjoy it and stop drinking (or at least drink very little), don't ruin a good thing by going too far.

Of course if friends are buying you drinks they'll probably want you to try their favorites and won't appreciate being told no, but it can be really hard to measure a drink once you've had too much (and I hear mixing drinks can be really bad on the stomach). Ah well, such is life. I hope you have fun and a happy birthday. Confusedmile:

I hope you have a wonderful 21st, you'll probably won't remember what you did until someone tells you! And I have to agree with Pix, enjoy your birthday but be careful.

Invasion

You could also decide that your 21st birthday is a great occasion to grow up and say no to alcohol but yes to your sexual orientation and keep everything under control. I'm not saying this as a patronising remark, even though it may sound like one. Wink I'm just wondering if you could be strong enough to live up to the challenge of keeping your head about you on that wonderful day. Happy Birthday, in any case Robbie. Birthday Balloons Would your friends think any the less of you if they found out you were gay?