Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitcoins?
Anyone here familiar with those bitcoins that everyone's been talking about?

What are they exactly? Are they worth it? What's the catch? Why should anyone invest money in bitcoins instead of regular currency?

http://www.coindesk.com/person-bitcoin-e...oss-globe/

I don't really know abuut bitcoins, sir...but I read somewhere some guy in...Britain?....became rich with them...can't remember where I read it but it must be somewhere in the internet...

don't really know how thye work, tough..

I don't know a lot about bitcoins but I think that in the future they will be important in worldwide economy, with all the controversy...
I read that few weeks ago they were at a crazy top: 1 bitcoin = 7/800£, = more than 1000$.
I also read about a guy that had potentially lost 5million of $ in bitcoin LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

sillyboy86 Wrote:I don't know a lot about bitcoins but I think that in the future they will be important in worldwide economy, with all the controversy...
I read that few weeks ago they were at a crazy top: 1 bitcoin = 7/800£, = more than 1000$.
I also read about a guy that had potentially lost 5million of $ in bitcoin LOL.

That's what scares me about them, they seem to be extremely unstable.

That and the fact that they are an 'unofficial' currency, i.e. no control by the official regulators (which may actually be a good thing, I don't know).

Bitcoins are a virtual currency.

There are safe in regards to privacy,
and you can purchase equipment to mine your own Bitcoins
so you don't have to buy any with government currency.

My friend told me of the concept when it first began....

He urged me to invest, but I declined because it seemed too sketchy.

I deeply regret it, because I could be a multi-millionare today.

They weren't worth much back then.

I heard Germany now accepts and endorses Bitcoin currency for everyday purchases.

Pretty cool.

From what I understand, it is pure electronic money.

I have no idea how you get it, but it made a few people millionaires last year.
Unfortunately, from what I saw in the online news last month, its become "saturated", so they arent worth what they were when those people got rich.

Something that easy to get cant be good.

MisterLove Wrote:That's what scares me about them, they seem to be extremely unstable.

That and the fact that they are an 'unofficial' currency, i.e. no control by the official regulators (which may actually be a good thing, I don't know).
I think the various government of the countries will try to do something in the future, but I also don't think that bitcoins are a bad thing.

I can defiantly see why something like this would be appealing, and maybe there is a legitimate place for something like this, but i don't know, i'm still kinda on the fence about the idea of decentralized currency(though i guess it does have it's advantages)