Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitterness
dfiant Wrote:it all starts with self help

Yes, it starts. But once you missed this period, you need help of someone else. Be it a friend, anonymous friend or a therapist. I am afraid that there is also another period somewhere on the road, and when you get past this one, the only one who can help you then is a professional.

dfiant Wrote:Back before the advent of Zoloft and the likes, people were still depressed (In a funk), but the suicide rate was considerably less per capita than it is today...Do the math.

hmm, unfortunately, I have no idea what are you talking about.
Maybe people cared about their friends and family more than they do today. That way there was a better chance of finding help. I don't know.

ive just read your recent post and its full of very negative words and that im sure is coming from your heart - but your posting here so you know u need help, just dont back oout and wait till members who have been through your struggle have spoken to u - take care n keep talkin here

Nick9 Wrote:Yes, it starts. But once you missed this period, you need help of someone else. Be it a friend, anonymous friend or a therapist. I am afraid that there is also another period somewhere on the road, and when you get past this one, the only one who can help you then is a professional.

Sorry mate, absolute rot. The world has become to conditioned to laying the blame at other peoples feet and expecting others to fix up their mess instead of owning their own problems.

ManicLewis is proof of what you can do when you take responsibilty for you own life.

100% admiration and respect for Lewis Wink

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom before you can start to change. Anonymous seems close to it, but just not quiet there. His time will come.

dfiant I had a pretty rough day, and I have not enough energy to argue. There is a reason why such things as antidepressants exist. And it's not because all people are lazy and not willing to cheer up.

Also, it's not enough to decide I'll be happy and enjoy my life. You also need to know why you don't enjoy it right now. Yes, it can be something simple like "I've lost my job." But sometimes it's many different things together. Talking helps. People around may ask questions you would never ask yourself, can give you direction and hints.
For some, it's the simple "I've lost my job." For others it's "there is no hope, my life sucks and I have no idea why."

No arguing, you stated your position, I stated mine.

People survived better stronger and happier in the days before therapists and anti-depressants.

OWN YOUR PROBLEMS, don't mask them with narcotics and therapists.

Oh yeah, and my day has been roses and red cordial too Wink

dfiant Wrote:No arguing, you stated your position, I stated mine.

People survived better stronger and happier in the days before therapists and anti-depressants.

OWN YOUR PROBLEMS, don't mask them with narcotics and therapists.

LOL when? In the Middle Ages? j/k

"own your problems" sure, what else to do with them. I have no pills, no therapist, and I own my problems Smile

You know, you drove 900 miles to help someone who wasn't able help himself. You didn't say him you own your problems, cheer up and help yourself.
It's not that different. Someone would have been able to help himself in that kind of situation.

Your friend was not, and you helped him.

Yes, some depressive people are able to help themselves. Some are not and it's nice when they have someone who will help them - just as you did for your friend. Smile

I never spoke about my depression to anyone I know, In fact all I've done is trying to handle it by my own.

dont handle it on your own - just think clearly - u dont dont get an award for been brave mate !!! people here have been through depression and some are still goin through this - just let them help u and either personal message people who u click with or just post a question that ur srtuggling with - we will try n help