Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitterness
Before I even knew what the word depression was and before they had any drugs for it...I got diagnosed with depression and epstein barr..that was in maybe 1981 or 82.

...and in the following 10 years just about everyone I knew got diagnosed with either depression, ADD or bi polar...WTF??????????????????????????????????????????????? What the f*ck did they do to us?

Sorry...no dice for me....I understand where you have been Nick and anon...been there myself...and I also understand exactly what dfiant is saying....been there too...and it worked!

You do need to own your shit (so to speak)...and I came from a truly hellhole of a place so I know all about it.

If you need to get some help or even want to begin to help yourself...you MUST 86 the self pity. It is essential. Stop repeating that stuff to yourself because it is crap...and a pack of lies. I do know how to overcome depression...I have done it many times over and it has been years now since I have had a recurrence but I am tough on myself and in order to help someone else I would need to be equally as tough and that never goes over well so I stay silent. I have bottles of the unused meds to prove it.

Basically I just wanted to say that both of your POV can co-exist. I have to stay out of the depression and suicide threads because I get angry...not at the individuals but at the very idea of suicide.

Thanks, East.

Nick9 Wrote:LOL when? In the Middle Ages? j/k

"own your problems" sure, what else to do with them. I have no pills, no therapist, and I own my problems Smile

You know, you drove 900 miles to help someone who wasn't able help himself. You didn't say him you own your problems, cheer up and help yourself.
It's not that different. Someone would have been able to help himself in that kind of situation.

Your friend was not, and you helped him.

Yes, some depressive people are able to help themselves. Some are not and it's nice when they have someone who will help them - just as you did for your friend. Smile

Diiferent predicament when he was a 14 years old BOY and was kicked out and locked out of the house by his mother. The boy did everything in his power to stay in that house, but his mother had problems of her own...which the law should have been in...I mediated, he got the resolution he sought. You can't compare oranges to pears...completely different situation and circumstances.

I WOULD drive to the end of the earth to help anyone, but i'm fucked if I will do all the work for anyone, especially and ADULT

Feel like a grumpy 80 year old waiting to die, They say age kills the fire in a man, that he hears death coming and says come in give me rest, that is a pack of lies, I've got enough fight in me to devour the world, so I fight, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Hello anon, I still struggle with my depression. it comes off and on throughout year sometimes triggered by something and other times it comes on its own. you have to sort of experiment with it, what I've done is I do everything I can when I'm feeling well so I have something to keep my head above water when it comes back. like this time I'm on another high so I've been sending my resume to a butt load of employers because part of what gets me down is my job and living with people who will not help themselves.

It's very important to talk to someone about this. think of it this way, if you're going to kill yourself you really don't have anything to loose by telling someone about this. if they explode then they explode, it can't possibly make you feel any lower than you already are. stress from home was driving me crazy along from the shit I take from work so one day I went off, my family was asking for too much and I'm the type of person who holds stuff in. I ended up wrecking my room and literally knocked my door off its hinges. I ended up talking it over with my family and told them the stress they put me under and they agreed to back off and I came to the conclusion that some times I'm just gona have to be a bitch. Wink

so find someone you can trust and talk to them about your problems, it can just be one thing that bothers you don't have to hold a 6 hour long seminar. as for suicide the people on this site helped me realize what they mean by it's a "selfish" act. try to think about at least one person who would be devastated if you killed yourself and if you don't think anyone would care look up the families of the gay kids who committed suicide in the past couple years and see what affect it had on them, those kids thought the same thing. then keep those people in mind who you know would be hurt and think of them every time you want to kill yourself.

so yes feel shitty and depressed now, but as soon as you stop even if its for an hour take at least one thing that you don't like and change it. if you're overweight jog up and down some stairs for 5 minutes, if you don't have a job fill out some applications online, if your just tired of being behind that computer don't think get up and walk out the house or even better find a club you can join. I promise it's not going to be like this forever Bighug
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

hi dfiant,
OP is 19, not that big difference.

Quote:I WOULD drive to the end of the earth to help anyone, but i'm fucked if I will do all the work for anyone, especially and ADULT

He/she wanted you to do all the work? All OP wants is to talk to someone.

one thing i do when i'm cooped up inside the house behind the computer is i turn off my internet. shut my laptop. and grab a sketch book or my camera and go to the park alone. and i just sit on the bleachers and draw or i start taking photos. you'd be suprised how much better you feel after you've walked for awhile and taken a fresh breath of air.

Nick9 Wrote:hi dfiant,
OP is 19, not that big difference.

He/she wanted you to do all the work? All OP wants is to talk to someone.

You don't know the circumstance...don't make mind numbingly stpid assumtions based on your knowledge of the situation...ZERO.

A 14 year old is a kid, a 19 year old is a young adult, far more adept and capable of being INDEPENDANT.

That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in years.

dfiant Wrote:You don't know the circumstance...don't make mind numbingly stpid assumtions based on your knowledge of the situation...ZERO.

A 14 year old is a kid, a 19 year old is a young adult, far more adept and capable of being INDEPENDANT

You idiot.

Seriously? what's your problem. If you don't give a shit, don't argue. Someone is asking for help. If you don't want to help, then don't. Don't go pushing your little ideas into peoples heads and making them follow what you believe. Leave them alone. They're entitled to an opinion too and don't deserve your judgement. State your opinion and get the fuck out. If they like your opinion, great. If they don't, who cares, it's not your life. Your not gaining anything from this.