Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday!
Radbot42 Wrote:whats everyone planning on getting? I'm hoping to get a nice tv around $200-$250. Don't really know what kind or brand to look for yet but that's my plan.

By the way, what kind of TV are you drooling over? I have two CRTs that I want to send to the hereafter, so I'm vaguely shopping in my mind. Who is offering anything good for $250. Are they doorbuster specials?

I doubt I will buy anything, but after my mother and I get back from a play on Thanksgiving my mother said she would like to go to a store and look around. Our Black Friday sales start on Thursday.

My shopping has been done now for quite awhile ...already wrapped...but I need a flatscreen for my new office so I might wait until Black Friday and get one...haven't made up my mind yet. I normally avoid it.

FeelsGoodman Wrote:I doubt I will buy anything, but after my mother and I get back from a play on Thanksgiving my mother said she would like to go to a store and look around. Our Black Friday sales start on Thursday.

I can't even IMAGINE going out on Black Friday to a retailer if I weren't buying something. It just sounds masochistic.

[Image: tumblr_m8g20p0ZDr1r071j5o1_500.gif]

East Wrote:My shopping has been done now for quite awhile ...already wrapped...but I need a flatscreen for my new office so I might wait until Black Friday and get one...haven't made up my mind yet. I normally avoid it.

I'm with you on being done with East! I had nearly all my major Xmas shopping done back in August when I had spare cash. There's one gift that's paid for but I have work to do to get it ready and another that's ready but I need to make a 14 hour drive soon to pick it up.

I will be sitting in my cubicle, tucked away from the perils going on outside, until the worst of the plague has blown over. Then I will step over the bodies and debris to my car and race back home to barricade myself in from the few stragglers remaining.

It doesn't get QUITE as crazy in Canada (our thanksgiving is earlier so a holiday doesn't mark Black Friday) but the retailers tend to follow suit and do heavy discounts. I try to get a few things I may have been wanting online but couldn't be bothered going into the shops. Half the time the item you go for is sold out (as they only had 2 to start with) but there is another item at full price thats pretty similar!

All in all I'm after a decent lavalier microphone so I'll be poking around the online saless.