Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blogs? Anyone?
I have a blog, but I don't really think it would interest many people here because it is mostly technical.

Quote: If you have something to talk about, just say it. Talk on the phone, write a letter, say it face to face, or, join a forum

I don't happen to agree with this. A blog is a one-to-many distribution mechanism, much like a newspaper - You wouldn't ask the journalist to explain to everyone individually the story they've been working on. So, why a blogger? (Incidentally, I get roughly 8000 visitors a month to my blog, so it would be impractical to respond to each individually... assuming I knew who they were)

Most of the blogs I follow I find through google searches as they are quite technical. According to Google Analytics, 80% arrive on my blog from Search results (mostly Google, but some Bing and some Yahoo), 10% from links from other sites, and 10% amazingly just type the URL (although, it can't detect when people arrive from thinks like Seismic or other clients for social networks - So I suspect that's where a lot of that comes from)

Anyway, here's the link if you are still interested: The Blog of Colin Mackay

colinmackay Wrote:I have a blog, but I don't really think it would interest many people here because it is mostly technical.

I don't happen to agree with this. A blog is a one-to-many distribution mechanism, much like a newspaper - You wouldn't ask the journalist to explain to everyone individually the story they've been working on. So, why a blogger? (Incidentally, I get roughly 8000 visitors a month to my blog, so it would be impractical to respond to each individually... assuming I knew who they were)

Most of the blogs I follow I find through google searches as they are quite technical. According to Google Analytics, 80% arrive on my blog from Search results (mostly Google, but some Bing and some Yahoo), 10% from links from other sites, and 10% amazingly just type the URL (although, it can't detect when people arrive from thinks like Seismic or other clients for social networks - So I suspect that's where a lot of that comes from)

Anyway, here's the link if you are still interested: The Blog of Colin Mackay

O_O you werent kidding about technical lol. my friend would like this as she is going to college for computer programming and such. though i am not really ever going to be able to understand any of it, or even remotely enjoy searching through the facts, it's still nice that you actually keep one. it build character!