Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board Games for Two
RickieVz Wrote:Okay Guys,

What board games do you play ? Must be for two people... I'm not much of a gamer but going to buy a few games for the house for us to play.

- Chess
- Checkers
- Aeroplane chess
- Chinese chess
- Scrabble
- Snakes and ladders

Smile

Hi.

If you'll look in thrift shops, you'll save a lot of money and find obscure games that are nonetheless fun. They get discarded after someone dies or the kids grow up. Sometimes they are entirely unused.

Uno gets a little tedious with just two players. It needs the chaos of a group of four or more to be much fun.

Try Pente. It was the rage back in the 70's, but is still a great game. It uses a couple of simple premises to work, but it's great for two. It comes in cardboard tube or in a regular box. It is visually appealing plus it allows actual strategy.

[Image: 61v8sa0deYL._SX522_.jpg]

Another great game that works for just two is Othello. It also involves strategy, but isn't so involved as chess, so it allows for conversation, a movie in the background, children present, or other distractions in the room.

[Image: 819dgLLVR7L._SL1500_.jpg]

Mastermind is a good game for two. It is as varied as the players. It works like Battleship, but with colored pegs arranged in order instead of battleship around a sea.

[Image: mastermind13.jpg]

And finally, if you like words, either Upwords or Boggle are great for two.

[Image: 4404312.jpg]

[Image: oldboggle.jpg]

JENGA!
Regular cards for all sorts of games, rummy my fav.
ROOK card game is fun too, even with just two.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Yahtzee is the only one we sometimes play now

Chess and Yahtzee for two, I usually prefer card games though.
For more "party" fun (but still for two): Connect 4, Battleship, Jenga.

RickieVz Wrote:Okay Guys,

What board games do you play ? Must be for two people... I'm not much of a gamer but going to buy a few games for the house for us to play.

I've never played board games with my boyfriend we must start doing it . Thanks for the post !

Look up mancala on the hayneedle.com site. It is a very, very, very old game that can even be played by making holes in the dirt. It goes by other names but they escape me just now.

Or try mancala on wikipedia.
I bid NO Trump!

Strip scrabble is always fun. Wagering silly things makes chess and checkers fun.

Virge Wrote:Strip scrabble is always fun. Wagering silly things makes chess and checkers fun.

I was going to suggest Strip Twister.

[Image: 353590_twister_board_game.jpg][Image: b94edbd78c8c284690be8bd47e8e3131-bleau-ball-twister.jpg]

I gotta get this twister game!