Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Board games.
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I have no idea what the game is called.

You use marbles and go around a board with dice rolls, the object of the game is to get all 6 of your marbles home. I barely recall all of the rules. Something like if two marbles are directly touching along the course you can't move. Thus if you rolled a three and a marble is on the third and forth hole, you can't move. But you can jump individual marbles.

It was a hand drilled board.

It was my fathers 4th wife's parents who had the game and we would play it at their cottage on the lake. I was around 8 years old at the time.

Its the first board game I can recall. We might have played others back then I can't recall.

Might have been Wahoo, a very often homemade variation of Aggravation.

[Image: gallery_398_351_12471.jpg]

jaxc Wrote:cheating at battleship:biggrin:

:O Battleship how could i forget that D:

My first memory was playing Candyland with my classmates when I was 5 years old or so. If it was raining (which occurs fairly often in Oregon) during recess, our class had this large wooden chest full of board games we would all divide into groups and play with.

I still like to play the occasional round of Monopoly, and Risk is one of my favorite games of all time. In my senior year of high school, my two best friends and I played a Risk game that lasted about three days :biggrin:

Mine was monopoly.... I used to play a lot cross bows and catapluts as a kid as well but that wasnt exactly a board game

My favorite is Clue.

Battleship
Yahtzee
Monopoly
Sorry
Life

We still play board games and now it's fun to be able to play Life with my sisters and marry another blue man. :biggrin:

azulai Wrote:My favorite is Clue.

Cluedo you mean?Wink

I'm almost certain it was Candyland, but it might've been Chutes and Ladders. I believe I was 4 when I first played both.

[Image: lifegame.jpg]

Anyone remember the game of life?

Don't gawk at me weird, but I started playing Chess at like 8.

I swear. I wasn't any good at it mind you, but I did play it. I was more into Checkers, which then led me back to Chess is my Middleschool/Highschool years and still now when I get the chance.

Strategy has always been a strong suit for me, so I enjoy games that make me think in a strategic way :biggrin: .

I did of course play Snakes and Ladders, Connect Four and Monopoly. But Chess is the first board game I remember Confusedmile: .

QueenOdi Wrote:Don't gawk at me weird, but I started playing Chess at like 8. .

Chess was really hard for me. I still fail at it as of today.

Smile I didn't know it was considered a board game either. Shows what i know haha.