Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body Issues
I have a medical condition called Phimosis, which is a condition in which the foreskin of my penis doesn't fully retract. This problem has taken a serious toll in my self confidence, and often times I will refuse to have sex with someone. I feel like it's hideous and it will scare my partner away, so i often just satisfy them with a blowjob or something. I wanted to see if anyone has or knows someone with this condition, and if they could give me tips on how to embrace this condition. Any help would be appreciated.

I dated someone who had it, and he was very self-conscious about it. I know he felt very much the same way you do about it, but it didn't really bother me. However, have you talked to a doctor about circumcision? If it is causing you a lot of distress, and sometimes it can cause actual physical discomfort during sex, so it might be worth your time to look at surgical correction. It depends on how severe it is, and how much it really bothers you.

I had to google that condition, it doesn't look comfortable and I can understand why you would be self conscious with the condition.

As Pip has already asked, have you sought medical advice? Is corrective surgery and option?

There is stretching exercises: http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showt...p?t=178155

Google 'Foreskin Stretching' lots of sites out there.

Then there is the more dramatic partial to full circumcision. I personally would recommend trying stretching first. There are tools for that.

This is as medical condition, I read in a medical periodical once that there are other conditions that can develop later down the road if not treated earlier.

I assume you have partial Phimosis, this most likely means you only need a partial circumcision not a full bris. (bad joke, sorry).

The upside of a procedure is that it permanent, the down side is its more expensive and you will want to take time off of work after the procedure. Stretching is not as effective, and many men find it a 'temporary' fix. However since you have only a partial phimosis, the prognosis may actually be better with stretching.

Talk with your doctor, there may be other options.

I also had to Google that condition too and all I can say is you poor dear it does look so uncomfortable. I hope you get the best medical help for it...

I had the same thing, It was terrible and effected my self-esteem greatly. I wouldn't even touch it! About 7 years ago I got snipped it was the best decision of my life!
The doctor and I talked about stretching but it sounded too painful and he said it could possibly go back to the way it was in a couple of years.
The other thing is that there is a true risk of infection that could cause ongoing problems later in life
Hope all works out

i would look into all of your options before you consider any surgury, because once you do that it is forever. im pretty sure they have creams and other methods , besides getting cut or just streching, hope it works out for you.

Carefully study your options and think about what you really want. You also need a through understanding of what circumcision is. Some men like it and some have deep regrets. Many that regret being circumcised have had most, it not all, of the sensitive mucosal tissue removed. We have several men on the foreskin restoration forums that state that the sensitivity of their penises has been greatly reduced by adult and infant circumcision. A steroid cream called betamethasone may help with the problem if you decide to stretch the opening of the foreskin.
If you do opt for circumcision you need to decide what style you want. Don't rush into anything. You only get one shot at this and the effects are permanent. Should you choose circumcision you would be well advised to see a surgeon that specializes in the procedure. Dr. Reed in Miami would be a good choice. He will do the procedure the way you want it. Many physicians do a poor job when it comes to circumcision. Just keep in mind that the inner foreskin is the most sensitive part of the penis. If you have too much removed you may suffer from delayed ejaculation due to loss of erogenous sensation. Furthermore, it may be that your frenulum is causing the phimosis. A custom circumcision may cost around $2500.00 - 3000.00 dollars, but you'll only do it once.