Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonfire night
Hello,
This is the first year out of five i cannot celebrate it becuse of where i live however when i move to a house in four years time i will be building bon fires again and burning em... I love bonfire night and with the fireworks each thing represents a different moment in history... Believe it or not guy fawkes needs respect because being british we all moan about things and do nothing... He actually died for a reason a reason he beleived in and did or tried to do something about society... I used to do penny for the guy and know people do it here even today even though its a form of begging which is illegal full stop but they dont stop tramps doing it so why stop kids its fun and costs only a penny lol... I used to put potatoes in the fire and let them cook very quickly and then have jacket potatoes in next to no time... My last bonfire i decided being a tad pyromania to excite it a bit and had to get shot of rubbish... I forgot the aerosole cans were in the bin and fuck me when they explode you definately know about it as you run for cover its great fun and highly irressponsible..... That kinda sums me u-p lol

Kindest regards

zeon x

Guy Fawkes was utterly incompetent. He smuggled gun powder into the cellars of the Palace of Westminster months in advance, it got damp and he had to smuggle in some more. Also it's distinctly possible that the whole plot was orchestrated by Sir Francis Walsingham so that he could uncover it. He had been Queen Elizabeth I's spy-master, and had persuaded her to execute Mary Queen of Scots. The succession of Mary's son as King James I of England meant that Sir Francis needed to curry favour with the new sovereign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I always celebrate Guy Fawke's night as it's my brother's birthday Smile always a good excuse for lots of drinking and fireworks

I used to love Bonfire Night when I was a kid. It is (was) a huge deal where I'm from. Always trying to make a big fire and having friends over, it was awesome. Now, I'm no longer at home, so I no longer celebrate it. It's sad, really.

Never heard of Bonfire Night until reading this (probably since I'm in the US)
Maybe I should light myself up a little fire in the firepit on the 5th LOL Smile

There's such thing as bonfire night? It seems really magical in creepy sense.

fredv3b Wrote:Burning 'Guys' on top of bonfires is a later tradition, initially it was effigies of the Pope.
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]
Well I've learned something I didn't know that the Pope was the first effigy to be burned on bonfire night, but then it does make sense.
[/COLOR]Coffee

James I indeed! James VI, actually.
:tongue:

There used to be a similar tradition in Australia. We used to call it 'Cracker Night', Crackers being Fireworks.

It was alway on the Queen's Birthday long weekend in June each year and we used to build bonfires and let off bag after bag of Crackers...that was until the sale of crakers became illegal in the late 1980's.

The only cracker nights we have are organised events like New Years, Australia Day, and various locally organised events.

colinmackay Wrote:James I indeed! James VI, actually.
:tongue:

James I of England is what I said, and James I he was. He also happened to be James VI of Scotland. His succession to the English throne made him far less interested in his northern Kingdom, I can't possibly imagine why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.