Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bored, so here's an idea I've been fiddling with... The Universe, "big Bang" and...
southbiochem Wrote:Thanks, Tinkles..

now as for the first part of the quote. I agree with you.

I have met this kind of people, sadly....one can began to think about who on earth gave then the degree to begin with..*sigh*

Unfortunately, Im one of those people who have to learn what I learn, "on the street" as it were. I've never had the money for college. Which I think is a waste anyway.

I mean, college is wonderful for learning about conjectures, thoughts, theories, and aspects....but its not "real world" learning, and thats where all the REAL knowledge is.

Yes, I admit, I have fallen behind in the past few years on watching my science documentaries, but I learn by my logical wits.

I only "argue" this way, because it helps me learn. A lot of people wont talk about what they know, unless they feel they have to defend their beliefs or what they have learned. Otherwise I have no way of getting another point of view on whatever subject Im trying to get more info on. The more info I can get, the more I can make a better hypothesis or conjecture of my own.

I dont "argue" to get people mad, but sometimes thats the case, because they wont just talk to me like a rational person interested in knowing their side or thoughts on something.

I call it "constructive arguing", because I always get something out of it. I wouldnt argue otherwise, and I only argue with people who I feel are intelligent enough to handle what I am throwing at them.

If I did not have this method of self education, I would be a blithering idiot, just walking around, dragging my knuckles on the ground like the rest of them. But I cant do that.

I may not be an "Einstein" and I will never be......but I am trying.....

MrTinkles, while its true we can never be sure exactly if there are black holes, or that what we perceive as black holes might not be black holes, the current objects labeled as black holes do fit the description theorized by Einstein. These objects have been photographed and studied to some extent.

i also used white holes in my idea simply because the White Hole Model fit what I was considering to be what the "Big Bang" was. So I'm not even sure its the proper term for something like that. Its just that Einstein theorized that white holes would create matter out of nothing, which seems like a slight flaw in his theories, since he also states that matter can not come from nothing. Conservation of mass and all that :p

However, if Black holes are nothing but a theory, it's beside the point :p This entire Idea is just a theory, and not even a theory put forth by a more educated individual in any field related to the subject.

But another observed "fact" is that all gravity wells in space exert a tiny force on everything else in the visible universe. The Supermassive Black hole in the Andromeda Galaxy effects our solar system on a miniscule scale, that doesnt really do anything because of our proximity to our sun, and after that, our own Milky ways Black Hole. This conept is what led me to considering the acceleration in the expansion of our universe.

I use perenthesis, because like you said, Facts are still theories until we've actually gone out to see for ourselves definitively Smile

BYoNexus Wrote:But another observed "fact" is that all gravity wells in space exert a tiny force on everything else in the visible universe. The Supermassive Black hole in the Andromeda Galaxy effects our solar system on a miniscule scale, that doesnt really do anything because of our proximity to our sun, and after that, our own Milky ways Black Hole. This conept is what led me to considering the acceleration in the expansion of our universe.

Our Milky Way is a black hole????
First I've heard of this!

Of course I am not so brain dead as to not know about "ripple effects" or that other objects in space have significant to minor effects on other objects.

Expansion is a logical probability. Movement creates another form of some kind.
Constant movement creates an effect of some kind. Erosion is a basic form of this, which I have seen with my own eyes, so I can say I know this as fact.

Is our solar system expanding? Well, just knowing the basics of gravity, and of weighted objects, I would say that it would be weird if it wasnt expanding at some rate....however slow it may be. Hell, my waistline has been slowly expanding since I graduated High School!!! LOL

If you guys have any suggestions on free online documentaries on this stuff, I would love to watch them.

I have watched a few of the National Geographic documentaries on space and the universe. While I enjoyed them they are sometime rather 'dry' and frankly, sometimes boring. That being said, I do enjoy listening to Neil DeGrasse Tyson. You can find videos of him on YouTube, or on Star Talk radio. I absolutely love his passion for all things space.

southbiochem Wrote:Big Bang, yes, it's just a theory so far

I love the Big Bang Theory

[Image: TVShow_thebigbangtheory_431312_zps0504ad12.jpg]

For Mr T.

ObW
X

MisterTinkles Wrote:If you guys have any suggestions on free online documentaries on this stuff, I would love to watch them.

This one is particularly good...there's a lot of physics and astrophysics giving their input

Confusedmile: