Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring
matty7 Wrote:you must have heard the saying "opposites attract" this is no idle saying as it works in so many relationships, there's a guy at work that u can hardly hear when he speaks , he's into online role playing games and to me I find him fascinating and would love to know more - its what he doesn't say that makes him interesting -

What are you waiting for?
Send him a sphincter pic!

Are you referring to yourself in this question?

Anonymous Wrote:I'm sorry if I have hurt you Bluestar. I wasn't criticizing others.
The mentioned traits is about me. I have those traits. I asked this question for myself. I'm boring, I'm introvert and yes I'm sexually incapable.

I'm really sorry once again.

How do you know you're boring? Did someone tell you that? I am also an introvert, but once I get to know someone, I am far from boring. Right now, I'm pretty bored and suffering from depression, but that doesn't mean I'm boring. Just need to work up the energy to spice up my life a bit before the winter doldrums set in.

On your last statement about being sexually incapable, what are you incapable of? Having sex? This one confuses me. Can you explain in more detail?

Lycanthropist Wrote:How do you know you're boring? Did someone tell you that? I am also an introvert, but once I get to know someone, I am far from boring. Right now, I'm pretty bored and suffering from depression, but that doesn't mean I'm boring. Just need to work up the energy to spice up my life a bit before the winter doldrums set in.

On your last statement about being sexually incapable, what are you incapable of? Having sex? This one confuses me. Can you explain in more detail?

I think by "boring" he's talking about a general lack of interests that he feels are "shareable". I think he is insecure about whether he would be able to relate to the type of people he is interested in and whether they would be interested in him. Note when I say I think he is targeting a particular "type", which might limit his options. As for the answer, if I knew that, many of my own problems would be solved!

Anonymous Wrote:Do you think boring guys, introverts are dateable and able to get boyfriends?

And if they are sexually incapable/inexperienced, will it affect the relationship?

I have been in 6 relationships and am a very, very boring homebody type person. I'm also shy to the point of pain. Nary a single one of them did I approach first, initiate conversation or anything like that.

On top of that there were many many men (both young and old) who walked up to me with very interesting offers such as the Federal judge (who was like 60, I was 28 at the time) who wanted me to move to his house in Hawaii to 'house sit' and he would come by once a year to make certain I was doing a right and proper job of tending the house. Rolleyes

If I wanted too, I most likely could have made a career of 'house sitting' amongst other things. :eek: And not once did I step up and start the conversation.

No I'm not that hot, no I'm not built like a shit brickhouse, or have a ton of money or anything like that.... There are just that many extroverted guys who get into shy/introverted guys who are hard at work holding up the nearest wall.

As for sexual experience.... My theory is that experience is earned and that is through practice. Perhaps I was lucky in that my initial partners insisted on giving me exams - most of them oral exams - so I had to study up and learn the subject.....:tongue:

The only difference between experienced and inexperienced is experience. Something that, in this case, many guys most likely will be more than happy to give you.

Mraaronlb Wrote:Are you referring to yourself in this question?

Yup I'm referring to myself

No wonder I haven't been getting anyone!

I think boring guys can be awesome just like I think that some social athletes can be beyond boring. I think every guy is different. What I find hilarious is those social guys that love to hear themselves talk and just love the attention because they are attention whores and I find them to be very boring cause they seem to do it all just to entertain people and I do not like that.

I like guys that are shy and are myserious. I am very shy and I am sure that guys probably think I am boring and what not but I sure do not live a boring life that is for sure. Sometimes I can be very social when I want to and other times I want nothing to do with people and when I am like that I will go hiking up in the Rocky Mountains solo and just be one with myself and other times when I am social I will hang out where people are. Its great to have the ability to be both and to be comfortable in either.

If you are boring you says that you are boring? I just hate when people say they are bored to other people like its that other persons mission in life to entertain that person, I think that is hilarious. I say date whoever you want to and that anyone is dateable.

If YOU think that you're boring, that's what you'll project, and others will pick up on it. My best friend is shy and introverted, but not even slightly boring. I find quiet, introverted people appealing. It's a little harder to get to know them, but usually worth it. Shy and introverted DO NOT equal boring.

There's a big difference between inexperienced and incapable. Are you saying that you don't have much sexual experience (we all started out there) or that you can't get it up (which would probably be a medical problem)? I wasn't very experienced when I met my husband, but that didn't bother him a bit. He used say his motto was, Get them young and train them right.

But seriously, I think what you need is an attitude adjustment. Stop putting yourself down and try to be more positive about yourself.

Introvert: [Image: check-64-icon.png]
Boring: [Image: check-64-icon.png]
Sexually inexperienced: [Image: check-64-icon.png]
Sexually incapable: [Image: uncheck.png]

Sounds like me 8 years ago. I'm still a boring introvert and it's quite hard for me to attend the large parties my boyfriend drags me along to. I feel like it's my duty and I do it unhappily.
But I look fabulous doing it!