Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Born this way?
I listened to Lady Gaga while I was wearing a pink shirt and suddenly, poof poof I became gay.

I guess we are born gay...
But there's a certain age when we become aware of it..
I guess? not really sure.

But one thing is for sure, we did not choose to be gay

You are not born "one way or the other".

Most peoples "attraction senses" do not start to kick in until the age of 10 - 13, usually.
Mine kicked in when I was like 3 years old. I have always been more attracted to men, but I never knew there was any subjugated difference until I was 13.

Being "born that way" is no more viable than someone who has massive creative talent, was born an artist.

If you want to "think that way" about how people are, then I was "born" being a chef, pastry maker, artist, organizer, idea man, and logical thinker. And that would be a WRONG way to think.

These things were of major interest to me, and I expanded on my repertoire of skills for these things that were easy for me to accomplish.

Its an attraction to what makes you feel an emotional state. Where that comes from, nobody really knows.

Regardless....why should "being born that way" be any more of an issue than someone being "born" a natural speaker, artist, dancer, musician, or baker? Or being "born" blonde, brunette, green eyed, or perfect skin????

Its all meaningless drivel......you are who you are, and if no one likes that, they can take a long walk off a short pier.

Actually there have been scientific studies that being gay has something to do with genetics...with our brain structure and possible hormonal influences...

If being homosexual is not chosen but is actually biologically determined wherein we have no choice but to become one, then laws should NOT treat gay differently since it's just the same as having your own race, which we have no control of...

However, this has been poorly studied, although there are evidences in both sides (not born or born being gay)

I think there's not only one answer.
There are probably genetical predispositions but also environmental factors to take into consideration, I believe.

Born fabulous

I's born this way. I've never been straight that's all I can say. My mum knew before that time I was 3 that I was gay u.u

The reason I feel like people are born gay is because I keep hearing that it's based on biological studies, but also because I hear a lot of people who were raised to be straighter than an arrow, but still turned out to be gay. In this instance, what could have made them gay? Not much, so their gayness couldn't have developed based on how they're raised.

Someone once said,

"Don't hide yourself in regret
Just love yourself and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby
I was born this way, born this way.."