Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottled water. The biggest rip off.
^^^ clearly one of those places one needs bottled water.

I guess California has tougher standards and invests in the technologies.

So I will check Colorado off my list of potential places to move too. :tongue:

I differentiate between bottled SPRING water & bottled DISTILLED water.

If I'm gonna buy a pretty bottle of French water, well, that's my issue and I guess I'm willing to pay a little extra.

But paying for distilled--or "purified"--or whatever piss they boiled to make steam and condense down to H2O is the biggest scam.

Distilled water is actually NOT healthful as it lacks minerals. Sometimes they add minerals to improve the taste, and I'm sure they charge extra for that.

Just my thoughts.

There was a scandal a few yerars ago when Coca Cola introduced a bottled water in to the UK and it was discovered that all it was, was filtered water from the municipal where the bottling plant was located and it was being sold at a premium price.

I use a Brita filter as well and an aluminum bottle.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Most places do not need bottled water in the industrialized world... Mexico is part of the industrialized world where yes I suppose you really need to drink bottled water as there appears to be little no no real filtration of many Mexican municipal water supplies.

Most places in These United States are pretty strict when it comes to water standards, with federal and state guidelines that demand that water be incredibly pure - well incredibly pure by the standards of other places like, um, Mexico.

I'm uncertain about the United Kingdom, I assume they have some sort of rules and guidelines on public health and safety that has high standards on the safety of tap water.

I can detect the very faint scent of chlorine in tap water from the city. But I have been drinking/using well water for 16 years now.

Hi Bowyn Aerrow: Yesw, I do agree that there are certain circumstamces when bottled water is justified but in the case of Mexico, I'm not even sure that bottled water there can be trusted either since I have heard horror stories of bottles being filled from taps. There are under developed countries where I would be careful of tap water also but so far, in all my travels, I have never suffered. Maybe I just have a cast iron stomach.