Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a bit scared(HIV+ partner)
Yep you're right that they are matched to person and to the type of HIV. But you're not right that they does not lessen chances of contracting. They lessen viral count = lessen chance of passing. They do have some side effects but not major. As TigerLover mentioned above you still get tested for your "undetectable" viral count. It's still there but the absolute minimum, almost zero.

Such useful information.

InfeRno Wrote:But you're not right that they does not lessen chances of contracting. They lessen viral count = lessen chance of passing. They do have some side effects but not major. As TigerLover mentioned above you still get tested for your "undetectable" viral count. It's still there but the absolute minimum, almost zero.

that is an interesting question, whether the antiretrovirals reduce a person's chances of contracting HIV or not. i don't know which way it is, but i now have something to do a little research on.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

meridannight Wrote:that is an interesting question, whether the antiretrovirals reduce a person's chances of contracting HIV or not. i don't know which way it is, but i now have something to do a little research on.

Perhaps, I can help here. I have been a registered nurse for twenty years. PrEP, known as Truvada, will prevent the virus from replicating in your system. This will keep you from contracting HIV. Antiretroviral regimens may be different. They also interfere with with viral replication, but are specific to the virus in the individual. Some positive individuals will take Truvada or different combinations of other medications. Yes, antiretrovirals will serve the same purpose, but the extra drugs may cause serious side effects. You should always stick to PrEP unless you are HIV positive and instructed by your physician. Cocktails require routine labs to assure proper liver function and a host of other unintended side effects.

As to the original poster, it is very difficult to contract HIV through single exposure. Additionally, your partner uses medications. His viral load most likely makes transmission impossible. If you are concerned, get PrEP from your doctor and get tested in a few months. Your chances of being infected is extremely small.

Thank you very much Dapper for your response. As for now, there've been several not safe intercourses, but he nevee ejaculated inside. We both know the risks, have been talking about it a lot.
So you just suggest me to take Truvada(as he does as well) and live happily without thinkin that "something can happen"? Smile