Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belly fat: What's the best way to get rid of it?
Quite often we see posts from guys who are worried about their shape. Maybe this will help:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36763...ine_160716
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

Well I think most everyone knows about my whole thing about losing weight and what not...I've lost nearly 40 lbs but pretty much have stopped dropping but what I did notice was when I started cycling over 25 miles my weight loss started up again.. Unfortunately I had to back off on the distance as I needed to concentrate on training... I think backing off on the sugary drinks and junk food is a big big thing. If you add in exercise, even better.

The other thing is that you need to lose weight for the benefit of being healthy, not to get guys to notice you because there's even a chance you won't get rid of it all. Everyone want's a six pack but getting there is extremely difficult if even possible... I think one's objective will largely determine's one success.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

That was a long ass article to get to the point that to lose belly fat you have to change your diet and exercise.

To point, -cardiovascular- exercise is what eats away at belly fat. Walking, running, hiking, biking, stairs. Things that get your heart and lungs working hard. Sit-ups and all that build muscle -underneath- the fat, but do nothing to eat away at fat on the body. ([I]Used to be a personal trainer.[/I])

When it comes to dieting, pick on the obvious... If you're drinking Mountain Dew and do nothing but play X-box, even if you're not fat it's not healthy...plain and simple.

When it comes to exercise, it becomes much easier when you find something you enjoy. If you don't like running, perhaps cycling or hiking...some people enjoy swimming.

The thing that always gets me about people, you talk about riding a bike for 20 miles and immediately people assume that is a huge undertaking and it really isn't. Even a beginner can bike 20 miles...they're probably not going to be riding any too fast but still, for most people who are reasonably healthy, don't have heart problems, a lot of this stuff is well within your reach.

If my fat ass can do it I'm sure most people can, I'm definitely not the poster child for fitness and certainly not all that fast on any sport. It's not about being the fastest, or the best, it's about being in good health for the majority of your life. I'd like to be in the same shape at 55 and be able to do whatever I want...I don't know if that is attainable but I'm going to try.

There are things we can't control, but we can control how we eat and what we do. You don't have to count calories to lose weight and you don't have to run a marathon either...but it is a good goal to set... I'd love to do a half-marathon myself sometime in the future.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I think one of the biggest things that could help change peoples bodies is finding an actual physical activity that they enjoy and building on top of that as they progress further with the loss of weight. A lot of people don't see regular things like walking as doing any exercise, they picture in their own minds gyms and their many forms of equipment which for some can be quite intimidating.

It doesn't help that technological advances are turning people to lifestyles that involve almost no movement whatsoever, we also have advanced medicines which alleviate symptoms that can be caused by poor diet and lack of exercise. The reliance on these has given people a falsified view on how they can treat their bodies, and I am one person who will admit that I have and still am to some extent like this.

My father was never fat but had a bit of a belly from working in a driving profession, he has gone back to manual work that he used to do years ago and he is now a complete different person without having to go to the gym or go on a wild diet. He has generally eaten well and always has some variety of fruit and vegetables in the food that he takes to work with him so diet was never an issue.

I recently lost 50 lbs through a changed diet and regular exercise. I don't know that it is possible to lose only the belly fat. Most of my weight loss happened to all parts of my body: stomach, hips, pecs.

Apart from body contouring surgery, I don't think there are methods to naturally reshape specific parts of the body. My belly fat went down at the same time that other areas went down. My best is to believe in yourself and never give up. You are beautiful for who you are. BUNNY

To target lower abs/belly fat do leg lifts while on your back. This also strengthens your lower back. If you have a week lower back and a strong core this could cause back pain because the stomach and back muscles will become out of balance

Start out with an easy number of leg lifts and gradually increase, it's easy to strain the lower back doing leg lifts.

I know this will sound vague, but I had a little gut myself. I was called "skinny fat".

The way I got rid of it;
1 - eating healthy. I buy ready made protein and healthy meals from a company that made them. I pay roughly 200 per 2 weeks and it will give me roughly 1.5 weeks worth of food
2 - seriously, cut out sugar. Candy, soft drinks etc. I LOVE MY SUGAR, everyone knows I love my sugar. I put sugar in milk and in my spaghetti! Anyways, cut it out. Once I ate healthy, drinking soft drinks tasted weird to me! Weird right!?
3 - Drink COCONUT WATER. It has electrolytes. Just keep in mind, it's quite expensive. I drink coconut water everyday, I substitute it with water and other drinks
4 - Cardio
5 - Go to a surgeon and get fat disolving injections. In Australia, it cost roughly 500AUD, yes, I cheated, I got it done and after 3 to 4 sessions, belly fat is almost gone. This only works if you have a little gut, not a big gut which in this instance you will need liposuction if you want to go to the extreme.