Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottoming = Feminine?
I can't help but notice the highly feminine aspects of gay sex, especially for the bottom. I'm a bottom, so I'm not judging anyone. Lots of gay men, myself included, don't identify as women or believe that what they do is feminine, but I can't help but notice the feminine characteristics of what goes on. Bottoms take, and presumably desire, another man's penis inside them, and many get an erotic thrill from the top ejaculating inside them.

Thinking back to evolution it would make sense for women to desire these things, for babies obviously. Have there been any psychological studies done on this?

I'm pretty versatile myself and i'd say all this feminine/masculine business is a bit outdated now, especially when if you think about it it's the bottom who's pretty much in control of things.

How is the bottom in control of things?

I know that for me, when I fantasize about being with a man that I always play the role of the bottom. I feel a thrill at the idea of being penetrated, cummed inside of, etc. But I know I don't FEEL feminine, and I don't really act feminine either. I act weird as shit, no doubt, but feminine? Not really a word anyone would use to describe me.

Maybe I'm more feminine than a normal guy is, that's probably a fair statement. But I think identifying the desire to have another man inside of me as feminine isn't really accurate, it's just something that turns me on.

There seems to be an underlying assumption that anything straight women do but straight men do not must be feminine.

I strongly disagree, being sexually attracted to men does not make me feminine. Being feminine is not about what you do but the way that you do it. One can be the bottom yet still be very active and masculine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

michaelson Wrote:How is the bottom in control of things?

The bottom has to want to let you in and can make the experience rather uncomfortable if not relaxed. The bottom definately has more control over making the experience more pleasant.

I like bottoming because I prefer the feeling, it doesn't in anyway to me feel feminine.

Bottoming does not make one feminine! Look on any gay dating/hookup site and you'll find hundreds - no thousands of hot, big, muscular, hairy, athletic men who LOVE to bottom! So it's just BUNK to make any connection between being a bottom and being feminine!

That said, looking, acting, walking and talking like a girl DOES make one feminine! ahahah

definatley not feminine to want to be a bottom. i'm very masculine and always want to bottom. i also love to top

michaelson Wrote:... can't help but notice the feminine characteristics of what goes on. ...

hate to topple a few soap boxes but;
a feminine characteristic is NOT a bad thing guys.