Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bottoming: is it for everyone?
PENISLICKER Wrote:Pain is part of the pleasure..................Confusedexy-kisses-smiley-

Masochist!
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

A lot of it depends on how horny you are, if you're really craving taking a dick it's amazing how much more relaxed your anus will be. If you are nervous or not really turned on, you won't get much enjoyment from it.

It sounds like the answer is that bottoming is not for everyone, from the answers I've read here. Some will say that they who have never bottomed don't know what they are missing, but on the other hand, it doesn't necessarily follow that the top will do a good job of helping the bottom achieve an orgasm or even just a good sensation if it doesn't go all the way to orgasm. So bottoming is not the absolute MUST.

I believe both bottoming and topping are as much a mindset as anything else, and [MENTION=21944]Pcolakuntryboy[/MENTION] said it was dependent on how horny one is, but since our brains are the biggest sex organ, it's got to be something you're into, either as a top, or as a bottom and I also believe that it has to be an unselfish thing.

Ideally both the top and the bottom would simultaneously be having as much fun as the other, but I'm sure in many cases it's a case of being sufficiently thoughtful to try and give your partner a good time and concentrate on his orgasm or pleasure while not losing your penetrative power or losing interest in being the top. What's more, a top who wants to come inside you, has to allow himself to do just that and have no hangups about it. I think some people might still feel this is either weird or wrong, for all sorts of reasons, whether medical, or social or religious or hygienic...

Some people, for various reasons, will never find bottoming fun nor sexy, and some will probably also find the idea vile, so there is no reason to believe that bottoming is for everyone, nor that anal sex is for everyone. For the same reasons, it depends so much on trust and knowing that the top is not going to hurt you (even if pain is part of the pleasure, as someone said, ... not sure that it is, but let's say sometimes taking it is a challenge to our bodies).

I'd also add that our bodies are probably not always up to bottoming for different reasons too. After all, our digestives tracts are meant for other functions and can sometimes feel a little wrong or delicate and anything trying to push up there might make things worse. Maybe those are the times to find enjoyment in other forms of sexual play, because otherwise, forcing someone to bottom in those instances would be akin to rape. Think about it. Consent is always the first thing to seek.

Needless to say, condoms are advisable and advised when the relationship is new and / or non monogamous, and when HIV or STD status is not known. But also, it has to be said that there are many people who don't find much enjoyment in penetrative sex with condoms. So it's a question of striking a balance here between fears of infection and levels of comfort and comfort zones. Again, I'll repeat that there are other foms of sexual gratification that can be as pleasant, if not more so.

PENISLICKER Wrote:It was meant as a joke!!Confusedmile:

I think @LONDONER 's remark was also a joke, or at least a teasing taunt, [MENTION=23161]PENISLICKER[/MENTION]

if you dont love it- you cant make yourself love it. bottoming is DEFINITELY not for everyone

Hmm...well I will say of the few times I have (tried) to be bottom it didn't go well... Anyway, I don't know that I will ever "love" it but I figure I could practice a little bit and got myself a toy and whatnot...just see how it goes from there.

I pretty much bottom 90% of the time I have sex. It may not be for everyone, but it is certainly for me. I'm actually quite disappointed if it doesn't go there. But I am submissive by nature and am the effeminate one in every relationship I have been in. So I see the point that was made about a mindset as well. I can say I have been wth guys who have not"hit the mark" so to speak, but maybe it's just not something you enjoy.