Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boycot Eurovision?
found this article Boycott Eurovision, say Pride organisers | Facebook

shows just how far the rest of the world has to catch up

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was going to mention it here

So Peter Tatchell has been arrested and released in Russia.

Graham Norton feels "really bad, but (doesn't) know very much about it" while Andrew Lloyd Webber pleads ignorance, suggesting that the Moscow demonstration was banned because of traffic problems! I have been caught up in events enough times to know that the epicentre may not afford the best view of what's really going on, but it is stretching credulity a little that Graham Norton at least would not be aware of homophobic Moscow Mayor Yury Luzhkov's record on fair treatment of Russia's lgbt population.

Brave Russian activist, Nicolai Alekseev, was one of about 20 to 40 people (including Peter Tatchell and American campaigner, Andy Thayer) who were attacked and arrested by police on what was supposed to be a peaceful march highlighting the problems experienced by Moscow's glbts.

I can't believe that the British contingent would not have been briefed about the situation.

more

This is why i hate humans sometimes:mad:.
So closeminded, ignorent and Ugh, inhuman.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

To be honest i think the best way Graham Norton could deal with this is to at least make a statement about it whilst presenting and maybe loyd webber could dedicate the performance to the people who are fighting the fight, this would have a high profile impact rather than just not going ahead with the show. I bet Graham Norton is feeling realy bad, between a rock and a hard place.