Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyfriend
So I've now been dating a lovely guy named Zach for just about a month.

We've had some problems in that time, differences about what we expect and what we look for, but we've managed to talk about them and so far work through them.

I have had some doubts that I could stay monagamous, as I have never felt that I was equipped for it, but so far I have been, and I'm glad about that.

We're trying to just take things as they come and not plan things or anticipate things in our relationship, but it's been good most of the time.

Richard

Good to see you around 'ardon. It's been a minute.

Take it one step at a time

I never really understood before how much of your time a boyfriend takes lol.

Richard

G Day Richard, Good to see you and congrats on the dating. I hope it all works out for you mate, it's a lot of hard work but it will all be worth it Wink

That's good that you guys are taking it at your own pace and talking all the ting out! Keep on talking! Talking is good! Smile

great news ardus :-)

happy for you Richard!

keep going

Yes Boy Friends are time consuming projects - it only worsens when they move in and become your husband.... In many ways it is worse than owning children. Because at least with children you can program them to be what you want the to be - BF's/Husbands are far more difficult to reprogram - and worse, most of the software patches out there are incompatible with the hardware.

On monogamy.

Monogamy is not special and meaningful because it is easily done. It is special and meaningful for people because its down right hard to dedicate oneself to just one person for the rest of their life.

To one degree or another people are promiscuous - even I the old, frigid queen has had my moments when I have seriously thought about cheating on someone.

Monogamy is a symbol of a lot of emotional crap and is 'special'. It is a 'sacrifice' we offer up to the person we love to demonstrate that we love as deeply as we do. Why do we need that sacrifice - because words are never enough and most people need an assurance or two that there is more to the words than a bit of hot air.

Yeah its going to be a struggle at times. Everyone has the struggle to one degree or another - usually when the relationship isn't panning out to be 100% rainbow pones and flapjacks and all of the nice things we think a relationship is about.

I believe you can do it, I think that from what little you said this guy is special enough to you to actually make it possible (maybe not much easier) to actually meet this particular goal.