Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my roommate straight, gay or just crazy?
He is a closeted homosexual who hates you because he has fallen in love with you, and that has lead to his hating himself for being either gay or in the closet.

Homophobics have been found to actually be a bit bent, their reactions to gays are over the top not because they hate gays, but because they hate that they are secretly gay.

See how the anger works in that? It is a similar anger issue here, he most likely felt a deep crush for you nearly immediately, thus let you move in, but then hated on you to deny his feelings.

Now he is just having a melt down and trying to get what he wants (you).

Is he crazy? Crazy is not a word that the Mental Health Professionals would throw around. However he definitely has some serious issues which most likely require professional help.

Hasp-locks are easy to install and pretty strong: For images of what I am talking about click here.

They are real easy to install, a screwdriver, a finishing nail, a hammer - use the finishing nail to create a pilot hole for each screw, use the screws that come with the hasp to secure the hasp and its mate in place. Put this on the inside of your room door. You don't even need a lock, all you need is a screwdriver to lace through the loop when the clasp is closed.

This is a temporary fix, the real fix is to get yourself a new place lined up, then try to break it gently to him that you are straight and no hard feelings but you got another place closer to work/school whatever that will be better suited to your needs. Its not him, its you....

That should prevent him from stalking, or lower the chances.

He is definitely unwell, he has emotions he does not know how to process. This ain't typical gay behavior, this it, however, typical behavior of a person who is full of angst and hasn't been raised in a loving home where we use our words and work through our emotions.

BTW your fear is valid. What he is doing is scary.

Ideally you could document his behavior, not only to keep the flat (why should YOU have to be the one to move?) but to help prevent him from repeating this behavior with others.

'Course safety is a concern, too, no matter what you do.

From what the OP wrote, I get the impression he moved in with the roommate, the lease may actually be in the roommates name, thus the OP is most likely legally at a loss to push the roommate out.

Besides which, if this guy is willing to molest him while he sleeps, what's to say this guy won't just stalk him? Perhaps best to relocate and hope the roommate never finds him. I suggest Connecticut... just to be safe.

Sweetie I am really scared by what you have described.
*Stalker *
The man has no respect for your privacy let alone your body.

Please find another place to live this guy is nuts,leave while you still can and under no circumstances tell him where you are moving to.

Ask your parents to help out with extra rent if possible or get a part time job.
You cannot put a price on your safety .

Sound like he is questioning, and probably finds you attractive, and a great person.

He is reacting badly to his own feelings, which would explain why he was so angry with you for no reason;; He couldn't cope with the thoughts going through his head.
He made a move, and since you aren't gay, naturally rejected him.

Regardless, his attitudes do not warrant that you take his crap. He obviously crossed lines, and you should make it clear that you dont want anything to do with him like that.

Depending on how you go about this, it might not be so bad after, but then again, he might freak out, because now you know he isnt straight, and considering the reaction he's had so far, he might resent you even more.

I'd say even if its difficult to find a new place, do it, because it isnt worth it to keep living with a person who has this kind of mindset towards you.

My two cents

Regardless of orientation, rape is never ok. That's pretty obvious.