Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to let him know I'm interested
So I just started a new school semester, and already I think I've met someone awesome. He's super kind, funny, good looking, etc. I could go on and on. But here's my predicament: I don't know how to make it clear to him that I'm interested, while at the same time respecting him and his space. My goal is not to annoy or pester him, but to let him know that I really like him, and let him respond how he truly feels he wants to.
So what should I do? I see him fairly frequently on campus, and we always talk. I feel like he's either (1) also interested in me, or (2) just super, super friendly and talks to everyone.
I've asked him if he wants to go to a movie with me (I work for a theatre, and we can get in for free Cool ) , and we're going to try to get together to do that. Any suggestions?
Thanks all!

Your movie suggestion is a first move and a good start... I think. You can do other activities like that and it's almost like dating... Maybe make a joke about it, that it's like dating.... maybe that will be the start of a conversation about how you feel about him. You won't necessarily elicit the sort of answer that you'd like from him, but it may lead to some questions and answers that will put you on the right track. Does he know your sexual orientation?

Yes, he knows that I'm gay, and I know that he is, too, because we met in the LGBT hang-out spot on campus :biggrin: which makes things a whole lot easier in that department

Perhaps offer to by him a meal before/after the Movie Wink

You're gay, he's gay, you're going out to see a film together... sheesh, what do they teach youngsters in school these days?!

What's wrong with telling him what you just told us?

I'd say wait till you see how your movie date goes. If everything is awesome, like I think it will be, just tell him you like him.. :]]

marshlander Wrote:You're gay, he's gay, you're going out to see a film together... sheesh, what do they teach youngsters in school these days?!

What's wrong with telling him what you just told us?

Lol, sir, touche...I guess my biggest reservation in telling him how I feel is basically just fear...fear that he doesn't feel the same way. But my philosophy in life is that living in fear isn't really living at all, so I guess I will take the plunge!! Thanks for your guys' advice, it means a lot! Confusedmile:

I say you should start knowing him deeper by having a meal together after the movie, then you start a friendly chit chat. Talk to him about his interests and slowly, bring up topic like gay friends and love. See how he respond and watch out if he dropped any hints.