Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braceface
Neeewww video time! Wasn't going to bother posting this one but why not? Pretty stoked to almost be at 500 subs! When I hit it there will be an epic challenge video released Wink. About 15 away atm.

Good video!

Need some wall art for heavens sake

palbert Wrote:Good video!

Need some wall art for heavens sake

I'm very much a minimalist Big Grin. But yeah I do need to get some more stuff as time and budget permits. also going to get mah lighting all the same. I've light balanced some rooms (like my bedroom as i film there)

I'm impressed by your video equipments. It's a good exercise for me, to try to understand what you say.

Very nice christmas tree ^^

Buzy Wrote:I'm impressed by your video equipments. It's a good exercise for me, to try to understand what you say.

Very nice christmas tree ^^

Thanks! My setup isn't too expensive. I've put $1500 into equipment but most of that was camera and lenses.

Nice one BrianNorth, every videos you have posted on youtube is good, not just good... its AWESOME... Very informative, and Im learning a lot from it. I should admit that I like that accent of yours too. Dunno but Im admiring people who have that kind of accent. Im also trying to talk that way. Hahaha.... Anyway, keep it up buddy. Again... THUMBS UP to you.

BrianNorth Wrote:Thanks! My setup isn't too expensive. I've put $1500 into equipment but most of that was camera and lenses.

Maybe you should do a video on lighting for YT and show what all of your equipment is. I've been looking into this a bit myself lately. I bought a cheapy lighting kit last week but haven't set it up yet.

Are you using a video-specific camera or a camera that has video also? My Canon has video capture features but I haven't tried them yet.

EDIT: I guess I should watch the video before commenting... looks like you might have shown some of this already! Smile

JackBoneTX Wrote:Maybe you should do a video on lighting for YT and show what all of your equipment is. I've been looking into this a bit myself lately. I bought a cheapy lighting kit last week but haven't set it up yet.

Are you using a video-specific camera or a camera that has video also? My Canon has video capture features but I haven't tried them yet.

I'd love to! I know when I first started it was a bit overwhealming and I almost bought a $150 lighting setup. I've had way more success with getting a 4 socket adapter and the right temperature of lights (which was the most confusing part).

I'm using a Canon T5I DSLR. I started with a basic Canon ELPH500 that I've had for 5 years or more. You may notice a huge jump in quality from my first video compared to the newer ones.

You're looking to do videos?

I just got my own set of braces put in yesterday.
It's this thing called C-Fast where instead of a normal 18 month period I'll only have it on for 6 months, give or take a month depending on how my teeth move.
It's only been a day but just as a little heads up, they're not exaggerating when they say the first 5 days or so will hurt. You don't feel any pain during the installation, it's the 12 hours after when your teeth start moving that it becomes extremely sensitive.
So far I've been talking without having my top jaw touch my bottom jaw because even that sets off the sensitivity and it lingers for a while because it's constantly triggering the nerves.

I woke up with my teeth so sore I literally have eaten nothing all day so far.
They will recommend eating soft foods or a fluid diet for the first few days until it stops hurting, and just as an extra tip don't eat soft noodles or pastas. I spent a good amount of time cleaning them from between my braces last night.
Analgesics haven't helped me at all but I know that at the end of the treatment it will be worth it.

I'm not trying to discourage you from braces, it's definitely a good thing to do for your teeth.
*Sigh* the things we do for a nice smile.
This is just me having a mini rant because I'm a bit of a sooky la la.

The plus side is that sticking to a liquid diet, I'm sure to lose weight the next 6 months haha.
Wish you all the best with your braces Smile

I had invisalign braces for almost 3 years (someone didn't watch the video Tongue). I've already dumped north of 10 grand into my teeth.. I finished and had perfect alignment and then needed 2 vaneers/crowns done as I had a stubby tooth and a stabby tooth. Thus no retainer fit for a month. I had a lot of shifting. My ortho had agreed to do a final align pass and he didn't do it. Slapped a wire on the back and sent me home. Wire has buckled between all my teeth and they've shifted more.

I found another ortho that understands the problem and has agreed to fix it. It's going to be 10 months of treatment and that's only because of the vaneers. He can't bond to them without breaking them so getting around that is trickier. I'm pretty fortunate he'll do it all for 2000. I'm being told 10 months but I'm good at avoding the sticky and hard food so should be faster

NerdMonastery Wrote:I just got my own set of braces put in yesterday.
It's this thing called C-Fast where instead of a normal 18 month period I'll only have it on for 6 months, give or take a month depending on how my teeth move.
It's only been a day but just as a little heads up, they're not exaggerating when they say the first 5 days or so will hurt. You don't feel any pain during the installation, it's the 12 hours after when your teeth start moving that it becomes extremely sensitive.
So far I've been talking without having my top jaw touch my bottom jaw because even that sets off the sensitivity and it lingers for a while because it's constantly triggering the nerves.

I woke up with my teeth so sore I literally have eaten nothing all day so far.
They will recommend eating soft foods or a fluid diet for the first few days until it stops hurting, and just as an extra tip don't eat soft noodles or pastas. I spent a good amount of time cleaning them from between my braces last night.
Analgesics haven't helped me at all but I know that at the end of the treatment it will be worth it.

I'm not trying to discourage you from braces, it's definitely a good thing to do for your teeth.
*Sigh* the things we do for a nice smile.
This is just me having a mini rant because I'm a bit of a sooky la la.

The plus side is that sticking to a liquid diet, I'm sure to lose weight the next 6 months haha.
Wish you all the best with your braces Smile