Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley Manning
HollandofFrance Wrote:if it was illegal to smuggle out information and he did it, you dont expect him to just walk free do you?or you think he saved the world or something? and now we know we cant trust congress ?

already we dont- their approval is at 9%

Respectfully sir, you're confusing the issues.

Congress has nothing to do with the info leaked by Manning.

Manning exposed the military killing civilians.

HollandofFrance Wrote:yeah sure

never mind the fact the Kurds are now free and happy or were until the troops left and not one soldier or maybe 5 or less was ever killed there in kurd area

never mind the fact the marsh Arabss are free to rebuild

yet you agree with the Serbs being bombed?

why is it some people totally ignore the plight of some persecuted minorities? totally ignore!!:mad:

The Kurds, in recent memory, have never been free or happy. They get shit from Turkey AND Iraq.

I've simply lost your whole line of thinking here.

i dont even know all the details on the case then

let a jury decide

LateBloomer Wrote:The Kurds, in recent memory, have never been free or happy. They get shit from Turkey AND Iraq.

I've simply lost your whole line of thinking here.

you ever been there?

HollandofFrance Wrote:you ever been there?

I have spent some time in Adana, Turkey. There's a joint American/Turkish airbase there. And the city has suffered some terrorism (bomb attacks) due to Kurdish anger.

I have also visited one American air base in Iraq, but didn't stay more than a few hours.

Also spent quite a bit of time in Kuwait.

I travel A LOT.

You?

ExMil LateBloomer?

My father's Kuwaiti, when were you last there? I've not been since 1990.

blokeinsussex Wrote:ExMil LateBloomer?

My father's Kuwaiti, when were you last there? I've not been since 1990.

No offense, but I'd rather not say.

Smile

Salaam aleikum.

No problem.

HollandofFrance Wrote:i guess the war disturbs me too in Iraq but saddam was killing the kurds and marsh arabs and congress did vote for the war, and Clinton also bombed iraq

your facts seems pretty erroneous

clinton wasnt impeached over sex -he was impeached because he lied

the whole episode seems silly-was it because Monika Lewinsky filed a lawsuit?

If you watch, a great many of his comments are erroneous. People get on their pulpits and forget what facts are. Though, I cannot disagree with his assessment about the legitimacy of the Iraq War.

HOWEVER, Julian Assange IS a CRIMINAL and should be tried as such. Certainly Government information SHOULD be open to the public, but there is a point where classified information is classified for legitimate reasons. The fact that Assange simply dumped every scrap of information he was given on the the internet, is an instance of acute nihilism and moral corruption. He put out information concerning the week points of the military's bomb detecting instruments and posted the social security numbers of enlisted soldiers.

I don't have to agree with the war to know that deliberately compromising the security of soldiers who did not even ask for the war to begin with is a gross injustice. To many people don't even think about the effects such things have on individuals . . . point in fact, too many people just DON"T THINK.

I don't have to agree with the war to know that deliberately compromising the security of soldiers who did not even ask for the war to begin with is a gross injustice. To many people don't even think about the effects such things have on individuals . . . point in fact, too many people just DON"T THINK.

I have no idea what is in the rest of this thread or what the point of this thread is...but I agree with this statement 100%. I have the same POV.