Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand Loyalty
Most of my power tools are Dewalt...

And it is not because of brand loyalty, its because I'm a true fag when it comes to my construction tools, it all has to match and be the same color:

[Image: dewalt-power-tools-986930.jpg]

:tongue:

The other thing I must have is Levis 501 jeans... I won't wear any other jean. And this is because I dislike zippers and no other button jeans have the right fit to my (lack of) ass.

Other than these two I can't think of any brand names I stick with exclusively.

CellarDweller Wrote:It depends. Most stuff, no I'm not, but when it comes to food, yes. If I don't like the way it tastes, I won't buy it again.

Perfect example......the only peanut butter I will eat is JIF.

"because choosy homos, choose JIF"

Second that.

I'm a very loyal person in general and I'm also brand loyal, generics feel inferior to me.
For example there's a difference between Coke and Pepsi, we all no that, yet a store brand will only make one generic cola. Some generics are good, but mostly brand name products are better.
You mentioned Kleenex, it's the only facial tissue I buy because each brand is different and I've always liked Kleenex best, there isn't as much of a difference with Q-tips, but the generics have smaller cotton heads and weaker sticks, other preferences include:
-diet Pepsi (I hate diet coke but regular Pepsi is decent)
-regular coke (when it comes to the varieties with all the sugar, I prefer Coca-Cola)
-Cottonelle toilet paper (perfect balance between too rough like Scott's and too soft like Charmin)
-Bounty paper towels (the most absorbent and the softest)
-Heinz ketchup (can't stand the alternatives)
-Apple products (I gave up on Windows when they introduced Vista and I love my iPhone and iPad)
-Sweet n Low (don't believe what they say about cancer, look up the details of the study)
-Tweezersman tweezers (only for that patch of hair above the bridge of my nose so I have two seperate brows and not a unibrow, but you have to start off with threading)
-Boscia facial products (they have the best soap for my oily skin, the best blotter papers, and products for puffy eyes snd dark circles from not enough sleep and too much Internet along with Retin-A Micro keeps my skin perfectly clear)
-I like DeWalt too, it's Black and Decker's high-end products
-memechose Aleve? are you serious? only Brand name Advil will do and Dilaudid Smile for severe pain, Fiorinal or Fiorinal with codeine are the best headache medicines in the world but you need an Rx
-Pinkberry yogurt (not Red Mango or 16 handles)
-Braun self-cleaning electric razors
-John Paul Mitchell Clarifying Shampoo #3 is like a cure for oily hair
-Supersmile toothpaste
-Go Smile whitening products
-brand name prescription drugs (why do they push generics so hard)
-for sex toys Babeland has what you want

Don't go to Walmart because there are none in NYC, well there is one on Staten Island, but no one who doesn't live on Staten Island ever goes there.
I also only fill prescriptions at independent Pharmacies so I have the same pharmacist who knows what I like, CVS, Duane Reade and Walgreens rotate pharmacists but are good enough for OTC Meds.
I also like to give my business to "Forbidden Planet" for comics before I order from Amazon and look at Strand for books before going to Barnes & Noble.

Well you get the idea how brand loyal I am.

it depends. In some cases I buy specific brands, but in others, I buy store brand/generics. It's a matter of trial and error. In general, I would say that I am more money loyal than brand loyal. I was raised to be a careful shopper, so I will size up things carefully before buying.

There are some preferences, though: Honda, Hebrew National hot dogs, Crocs, Duke's mayo, Benjamin Moore paints...
I bid NO Trump!

Apple Mac - but Im not a fanboy!
British Airways or Emirates airlines, never anything else.
Audi cars (just ordered my 4th)
Ralph Lauren shirts

Brand snob, clever marketing or loyal customer? I don't care, but I know what I like :-)

ObW
X

I am open to experimenting on most items.
The only brands that I am loyal to are Sony, Airtel, Peter England.

There's a difference between preferring a brand because you've consistently tried other makers and just prefer that brand of whatever (like Kleenex). Brand loyalty is a bit different. It's the blind following of a brand just because you liked one of their products. Many people have brand loyalty for political, environmental, or sociological reasons. These individuals will assume an entire line of a company's product is good just because they tried one thing and liked it. For example, if someone like a face wash made by Johnson and Johnson, they will automatically tout everything the brand makes and start replacing all their old personal care products with J&J. Just because they liked the face wash! A lot of people really behave in this manner.

I find brand loyalty, in the strictest sense, to be a bit of zealotry, illogical, mindless, and it's exactly how companies want you to behave. They actually count on this behaviour to keep people loyal not only to one product, but to the company as a whole. Many companies put on a nice face of CSR (corporate social responsibility), but they are actually scamming everyone. So I do a lot of research before I buy things.

For example, nothing has kept my face as clear as an Aveeno face wash I have, but their body moisturizer makes my skin break out badly because it has oil in it. I have a female friend who will just buy anything they make because she is a kind of "follower" of theirs. That's cool if she's happy with the product, but I try to pick the best things, regardless of brand. It's too bad I can't sample more things before I buy them. I would be that person that tries a ton of samples before choosing to spend money. I read labels on every single thing I purchase and check the ingredients. Of course, money has been very hard to come by in this lifetime, so that probably skews my perspective just a little bit. lol

Yes, there are brands which I think have consistently outperformed others, and I might lean towards them, but I will still consider alternatives. I refuse to be a brain dead consumer sheep like most others. Of course, I've been quite enlightened by having gone to business school.

Discovering new things can be really fun, too.

My preferences are for products which are more natural, environmentally friendly, do what they are supposed to do (with style!), have packaging I can recycle, last a long time, and suit my personal tastes.

Foods yes, anything else no. Make a product I want at a price I am willing to pay and I will buy your product.

I do have some I try to avoid, such as public companies that go bankrupt and screw their investors while the same idiots running the company stay in control. (Thinking of GM )

Carved in Stone: Ford Vehicles, Cuisinart cookware and small kitchen appliances, Pentax cameras.
Folger's coffee, Pastene tomato products
Bounty paper towels
and Pepsi please, no Coke.

I refuse to use any skin products outside of the "Simple" range...
And hair products are almost exclusively "Garnier" stuff.

But apart from that, I'm fairly non-committal product-wise.