• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braveheart the movie
do you know much about the era?

the movie isn't accurate-the king didnt throw the gay man out the window

his son king Edward was gay and was murdered

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braveheart

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_II_of_England

im fairly sure these people are cousins somehow to me

mel Gibson makes stupid movies and does he hate jews as well as gays?

I don't know. He's constantly saying bigoted things while drunk or in the heat of the moment and then apologizes for it later. Is he simply saying what he truly believes while drunk or angry, or is he simply an immature brat who sinks to hateful and juvenile name calling when upset? He has people (like Whoopi Goldberg) speak up for him saying he's always acted honorably so I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt (easy to do since I have no interest in ever meeting him). But either way he's flawed, be it bigotry or emotional immaturity.

Just so we are clear...Mel Gibson was born in America, moved to Australia when he was 11, moved back to America in his thirties and has lived there for the last 25 years.

Mel Gibson is American Smile

Mr Gibson is an Anglophobe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

a lot of scots intermarried with Normans including robert the bruce

Breaveheart is just a movie that is loosely based on a set of particular historical events (the Scottish wars of independence).

Also, what we know of William Wallace is based on the stories of blind harry which was about 100 years later so is likely to be somewhat distorted anyway.

Ultimately, it's a movie. It's there to be a form of entertainment.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Edward the first 'The Hammer of the Scots' he was a ferocious king who created the first pogrom against the Jews of England. He slaughtered the Welsh into submission and did almost the same the the Scots. I'm the grandson of a Scotsman and have to admit I admire this devil because he gave us pride to be English, even though I despise what he did to the Jews.

http://www.englishmonarchs.co.uk/plantagenet_5.htm

no he didnt i dont think, the populace was persecuting the Jews

100 were lynched in yorkshire so he thought theyd be safer in Poland and all arrived there in safety i think--the people did pogams, not him i dont think

maybe thats a copout and he was a big bastard though

he was crazy how he wanted to take over scotland and even have his heart carried to Scotland after his death

his cousin Richard the lionhearted was nicer to jews

his son was nicer

im part welsh as well and english too

there were many damn antisemitics back then and idiots doing trial by fire or water like in Monty python

the welsh liked his son pretty much-who was nicer

i have a book how the Scots created everything in the world

HollandofFrance Wrote:no he didnt i dont think, the populace was persecuting the Jews

100 were lynched in yorkshire so he thought theyd be safer in Poland and all arrived there in safety i think--the people did pogams, not him i dont think

maybe thats a copout and he was a big bastard though

he was crazy how he wanted to take over scotland and even have his heart carried to Scotland after his death

his cousin Richard the lionhearted was nicer to jews

his son was nicer

im part welsh as well and english too

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Oops you really should look at your history book more closely. Richard the First of England was a Frenchman born Richard I (Richard Cœur de Lion)
3 September 1189–1199. he spoke no English and never had the slightest interest in coming to these shores. Now Edward The Hammer of the Scots was born 20th November 1272–1307 in England was the first English speaking King of England since the conquest of England by the Normans, he truly was English in every sense. Look at your history books again, Edward First and you will see that he had in fact drained the Jews of every Penny they had the let loose the mob on them. [/COLOR]