Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Break ups
So, me and my boyfriend split up last night.
I had been thinking for quite a while that things weren't going right, and apparently he felt the same so we decided it was time to call it a day.
The odd thing is noone seems to believe me when i say i'm completely fine with it. The thing is the relationship was harming any friendship we may have had afterwards because certain things were getting on my nerves. whereas now, the friendship is saved and i don't feel trapped anymore.

Maybe im just weird/heartless that kinda thing lol

No what you did was the mature thing. Both of you left on good terms realizing that you made better friends than lovers.

If only more people could end a relationship this way...

Sorry to hear about the split, but it sounds as though it's going to work out better splitting up now than further down the line.

It's a shame that the romantic side didn't work out, but you obviously weren't right for eachother in that respect. Now you have a real chance with friendship so all is not lost Confusedmile:

My first girlfriend is still my best friend twenty years after our break-up.

We have been thru so much and understand each other so well - I am lucky.

I hope that you and your ex will be as lucky.

hugs

Good move and I don't see your decision as heartless at all.

Your friends obviously want you to be as self-centred as they are when negotiating a life change. You did what was right for the two of you. Well done!

Smile I'm glad you're happy!