Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast (cereals)
princealbertofb Wrote:What about Marmite...??? Isn't it supposed to put some hair on your chest? Lol. :tongue:
No, I think it's best spread on toast ...

marshlander Wrote:No, I think it's best spread on toast ...

Lol!

But seriously - Marmite sandwiches. Wrecks the bread to spread it, but ahhhhhhh glorious.

Wilem Wrote:Lol!

But seriously - Marmite sandwiches. Wrecks the bread to spread it, but ahhhhhhh glorious.

What would it be like if you were to spread it (or try to) on rusks??? What we in French call biscottes. Crumbs!!Wink

PS I find the butter makes it more spreadable.

Marmite... best way to make it more spreadable is to mix it with your spread (butter / margarine) of choice before spreading onto the bread. I used to do it a lot... just mix it in an eggcup.

Marmite on toast!!! mmmmm!!!! If I hadn't just had dinner I'd fancy that! Maybe before bed tho Big Grin

ARGH I just checked and we're out of marmite.
I may cry. Innit.

And I dunno about marmite on rusks... But you can get marmite flavoured snack a jacks - they rule.
The margerine mixing thing seems a bit much fuss for me tho... :redface:

Wilem Wrote:The margerine mixing thing seems a bit much fuss for me tho... :redface:

lol... nah... takes like 20 seconds!

Wilem Wrote:ARGH I just checked and we're out of marmite.
I may cry. Innit.
Oh what a shame!! And to think that I've probably got two pots just standing there in the kitchen cupboard. If you'd lived any closer I could have brought you one... Oh dear, oh dear! We're out of Marmite! Now, that will never do.

btw do you guys (and gals) know what MARMITE means in French?
I'll give you three guesses... You may looks at the label.

Casserole dish... so says the Marmite website!

Fairly good guess... It's the boiling pot/ cooking pot actually (of the sort you'd hang in the fireplace in days of old, to cook the soup or stew)

Oh well, here's one that is closer to home... In Geneva they have this celebration in which they break LA MARMITE EN CHOCOLAT... what event does that refer to?

No, Marshlander, you cannot answer the question, as I know you know...