Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News.... For all the anti-gun peeps! GOD BLESS THE U.S.
I'd rather live in a country where I had confidence the intruder did not have a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

There is no country like that even in a place like Japan which has very strict gun control and workable methods for finding and removing firearms, they still confiscate or retrieve firearms from criminals ever so often.

I prefer to live in a country where I have an assured right to protect myself, even if the statistics say that I'm unlikely to need to.

No-one can ever say defending oneself is wrong, however, the Yanks have the sheer ability of turning a case of alleged self-defence into something tawdry and awful. The sight of that woman brandishing a gun for the camera was not nice. All that scene needed was John Wayne and a piece of 'All American Apple Pie' to complete it....

TommyinKY Wrote:There is no country like that even in a place like Japan which has very strict gun control and workable methods for finding and removing firearms, they still confiscate or retrieve firearms from criminals ever so often.

I prefer to live in a country where I have an assured right to protect myself, even if the statistics say that I'm unlikely to need to.

I agree, even the things that are illigal now people find a way to get and it would be the same way with guns only it would be the criminals getting them and not the good sameritain. Everyone should own one and know how to use it just like this lucky oklahoma Mother.

fredv3b Wrote:I'd rather live in a country where I had confidence the intruder did not have a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which country would that be? Not the UK where its pretty damned easy to get an illicit weapon.

blokeinsussex Wrote:Which country would that be? Not the UK where its pretty damned easy to get an illicit weapon.
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]

Yes and if you get caught in public with a gun the police would most likely shoot you dead, and so they should. In Britain there is a zero tolerance on guns. With the recent killings of a young student and three women in another incident we don't want American attitudes in Britain,
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comes down to this, would you rather get shot or stabbed? Just because you make one weapon illegal doesn't mean the crime rate will be lower. Higher densities of people will typically have higher crime than lower densities. Not always true of course.

I am all for owning a gun, I own a hunting rifle. I enjoying going to the gun range as well. Helps me relax a bit. I am also trained and educationed in the use of guns where most folks are not.

sneakyc25 Wrote:Comes down to this, would you rather get shot or stabbed? Just because you make one weapon illegal doesn't mean the crime rate will be lower. Higher densities of people will typically have higher crime than lower densities. Not always true of course.

I am all for owning a gun, I own a hunting rifle. I enjoying going to the gun range as well. Helps me relax a bit. I am also trained and educationed in the use of guns where most folks are not.

And there you have it in a nutshell two different people living in two different countries, one where the gun is god the other where guns are not worshipped. Personally the only civilians that should have guns in my country are sportsmen and women who need them to train with, and farmers for obvious reasons, no need for anyone else.

Where did I say guns were god? I could live happily without them but I like them.

No actually I did not mean you, but the American psychology of gun ownership.