Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: Woman mistakenly given fries instead of ice cream at McDonalds
*swoons*

Tease!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Well as Hardheaded said, we are missing the start of this episode.

I too suspect that the crew/server did something to unleash this woman's wrath. This seems more like a customer service problem than a customer just going off for no reason.

I have been in retail long enough to know that some people are just mean and only need the littlest things to set them off without the employee doing anything. I personally had a guy yell and scream calling me a "Faggot" because I didn't let him cut back in line after he left my store. I have had people call me stupid/idiot/retarded, etc because I wouldn't let them scam my store.

Every single day that I work I have people that think something is 50% off when it is actually Buy One, Get One %50 off. Only because they didn't decide the read the whole sign. So, it could have just as much as the ladies fault as much as it was the employees.

Teenagers can act like entitled dicks in their jobs and I know because I have dealt with them, but again there doesn't need to be much to set someone off like this. Sometimes people are either just mean are in a bad mood to begin with and take it out on someone.

Dayum...she be popping a vessel or twenty. Hell hath fury on crazy woman scorned. She must be getting some nasty hot flashes...

MakeDigitalLove Wrote:I have been in retail long enough to know that some people are just mean and only need the littlest things to set them off without the employee doing anything. I personally had a guy yell and scream calling me a "Faggot" because I didn't let him cut back in line after he left my store. I have had people call me stupid/idiot/retarded, etc because I wouldn't let them scam my store.

Every single day that I work I have people that think something is 50% off when it is actually Buy One, Get One %50 off. Only because they didn't decide the read the whole sign. So, it could have just as much as the ladies fault as much as it was the employees.

Teenagers can act like entitled dicks in their jobs and I know because I have dealt with them, but again there doesn't need to be much to set someone off like this. Sometimes people are either just mean are in a bad mood to begin with and take it out on someone.
I do not work retail now, but I did for many years and I agree with you. Most customers are polite and kind, but about 1%, and it might not even be that much, are very unkind and rude and if you work in big box retail and have hundreds of customers coming through the door in a day, that means you are going to deal with some every day. Most of the time it isn't that big of a deal and you just let it go, but if you have to deal with a customer like in the video, it would be very difficult. That is something that will stick with you for a very long time. I think people who have not worked retail recently, or some occupation like bar or restaurant service, would be surprised how many people enter a business and are very rude from the start without any incident to set them off. If you are a person that flies a lot, watch people on a plane. It is a place where you see some of the worst customer behavior. There are people so determined that they are going to receive poor service, they come on the plane ready for confrontation and begin their interaction with the employees that way before they have even had the chance to receive poor service and those that are in retail, restaurant, or bar service sometimes experience the same thing.
Most store associates are not rude, but I do realize some are and of these retails workers that are, most are not explicitly rude. They are just rude by neglect, not greeting customers, not saying thank you, not asking customers if they need assistance. As a customer, if you are going to let this type of behavior set you off, you are going to be fighting a frequent and never ending battle and it is just not worth it. When I have this type of treatment in a store, like just being handed the receipt and having nothing said to me to end the transaction, I deal with calmly like saying to them "you're welcome" or "and you have a nice day too." It might just be a simple way to get the employee to think about his or her customer service skills.