Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking the news
So, I am brooding about coming out completely. I am not 'in the closet' so to speak but my sexuality remains hidden to some of my friends. I came out at the beginning of November 2010 to a select few of my closest friends who I knew I could trust to keep it to themselves. However, a couple of my friends who I eventually told did not take it at all well. One girl even crosses the road when she sees me and she has very little to do with me anymore, which is extremely hurtful. This has added to my already profound worry about the issue of telling the parents. :confused:

I am getting increasingly worried about telling my parents that I am a lesbian. I am an only child and my mum, rather than my dad, is fairly sensitive. My dad I know is a lot more relaxed about homosexuality and I think he has guessed that I am because there have been times that I have almost told him, then just hinted. I am so scared about my mum because she is all about 'grandchildren' and 'reputation'. I understand she is worried about how others would react and the potential difficulties faced in my life in future, but I have come to terms with that.

I know that she had some gay friends when she was my age, so she is not entirely against it, but her reactions can be quite intense sometimes. When should I tell them, how should I tell them, and what reaction should I expect and how should I deal with it?

It's a lot to ask but I need help.