Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breast feeding in public... One week debate
Hello All,
Well the weekly debates have now begun... I was sitting in the pub a few nights ago with friends and we discussed work and i bought up the fact id seen a woman breast feeding in a car and have seen women in costa coffee breast feeding... My friends told me they shouldnt be allowed to do it in public places BUT i disagree... Why??? Because we been doing it since time began where need be so why change what nature intended to happen??

So whats your opinons for the weekly debate on breast feeding??? Is it allowed or... Not?? Does it offend you.. Or not>?

Kindest regards

zeon xx

There is something very wrong in a society that thinks there is something wrong with breastfeeding in public places. I have never seen a mother do it less than discreetly. If a baby needs feeding it needs feeding. The only problem with breastfeeding in public is other people's stupid and selfish attitudes :mad:

I find it kind of awkward to see the process. It's just me though. I think it is a very normal thing to do as a mother. What should she do if her baby hungry? Run to the nearest public restroom?

However, maybe the mother can use something to cover. I have a friend that uses some kind of special blanket when she breastfeeds her baby. I think this is kind of win-win solution. For the mother and the people that find it is wrong.

Breastfeeding in public? I've never given it much thought. What do they eat?

In all honestly, I would have no problem with the process taking place. If the baby is hungry, it is known to be healthier for the baby than a bottle.

I think that if people are uncomfortable with breastfeeding in public they should look away or leave. Personally, I have nothing against it. Mothers should have the right to feed their children wherever they are.

Zeon, you used a fallacy in your argument and it is therefore invalid - Appeal to tradition.

I think that there is absolutely nothing sexual or anything like that when a mother breastfeeds her baby, a baby has it's needs. Just like it's kinda okay to change a baby's diaper on a bench if there's no place else you could do it. If anyone around has a problem, they should walk away. It is a breach of personal space and stuff, but it is something that cannot and should not be prevented from happening.

Its nothing better to watch a mother giving life through her breast to her baby!
She can do it wherever her baby needs it... Cause we are actually talking about a need of a newborn... So all the others, as a healthy scociety should do, is put aside the ofenses or whatsoever and protect the needs of the new member Smile

it shoud be alloed it is alloed in the csfy i work. but peple shoudent staer becase its rude. i think it shod be bottle or brestfeeding whatever the mum wonts its no one else bisiness.

For me it is Ok to see that ....

but .... hm .. I mean ... a breastfeeding woman must not sit in the refrigerator? I mean ... its very hot outside .... and usually milk becomes so quickly sour when the weather is so hot :confused::confused:

:biggrin: