Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britains floods!
[Image: flood1-450461.jpg]

Flood? That's not a flood....

[Image: BXHM0343.jpg]

This is a flood Smile

Hmm reading about it this morning and it's quite annoying really as the flooding is in the south so it's all over our news! Unlike if it hit the north!! And I know the flooding is bad and people aren't going to be in there homes for months but all I keep hearing is how it's the governments fault that it's flooded in the first place or that it's the governments fault that houses are flooding and they haven't sent people to save the houses!! When we suffred badly from flooding 14 years ago here in the north we all chipped in together and helped out but It seems in the south jus stands around and waits for the government to help them! But the government only has a finite amount of resources and after the cuts that is even less than it was a few years ago!!

Rant over
But don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for the people who have been flooded I know it's terrible but just abit sick of hearing people having a go at the government!!

Eth21 Wrote:Hmm reading about it this morning and it's quite annoying really as the flooding is in the south so it's all over our news! Unlike if it hit the north!! And I know the flooding is bad and people aren't going to be in there homes for months but all I keep hearing is how it's the governments fault that it's flooded in the first place or that it's the governments fault that houses are flooding and they haven't sent people to save the houses!! When we suffred badly from flooding 14 years ago here in the north we all chipped in together and helped out but It seems in the south jus stands around and waits for the government to help them! But the government only has a finite amount of resources and after the cuts that is even less than it was a few years ago!!

Rant over
But don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for the people who have been flooded I know it's terrible but just abit sick of hearing people having a go at the government!!

When tax payers turn to the government and demand that the government, who the fuck do they think is paying for the government to help them??? THEM FUCKING SELVES.....

So the message behind that...help your self and leave the middle man....the government...out of because they with tax you 3 times the amount that it would cost you to do it yourself Smile

Exactly and abit of neighborly spirit wouldn't go amiss ether!!

dfiant1 Wrote:[Image: flood1-450461.jpg]

Flood? That's not a flood....

[Image: BXHM0343.jpg]

This is a flood Smile

Damn it, you aussies always have to outdo us dont ya!

Examples…

Thats not a knife…
Thats not a lizard…
Thats not hot…
Thats not an insect…
Thats not a barbacue…

Anything else now! :p

Eth21 Wrote:Exactly and abit of neighborly spirit wouldn't go amiss ether!!

Yeah unfortunately neighbourly spirit doesnt solve the problem of flooding on this scale though if you follow the news you,ll see people are helping each other…

partis Wrote:, rain, rain & more rain

No change there then Rofl

ObW
X

Eth if this happened in the north it would be over the tv just the same though i have had my own rant about people complaining like its somehow all the governments fault and nothing to do with nature.

Yeah sorry I have seen the news and the people helping each other at the time I ranted I was watching a interveiw with someone who was trying to lynch the environment agency cause she thought they weren't doing anything.

However there is a big difference in news coverage from north to South you here about some of it but they pass over it very quickly. For example we got hit by a huge storm that came from the north and only really hit Yorkshire and the north east but we were 3rd on the news schedule and it was jus to report on rail closures but nothing about the flooding or storm surge!! We're as if it hit the south it would be a totally different ball game.

However we are British and we will muddle on in our usual manner!!!

Still things are better than 50 years ago. I cant really get offended cause i spent half my life in wales, which is more alike to the north in many ways.