Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Britains floods!
We will muddle through yes :biggrin:

Well, when the Army goes out on the streets for Civilian duties, you know it's bad..

I know, it takes one of those >7,5 earthquakes for that to happen here.

Hope you're all OK,

UK is a prosperous nation, you'll be back on track in no time.

Yes I've never seen images like it before and the fact its happening in so many places and some of our more extreme weather of 100 years has been since 2000. Were having hotter summers and wetter winters with all strange manners of weather in-between. Today i got caught in hailstones.

Were going to be spending billions on flood defenses

Time to ask the Netherlands for assistance..

they know how to make a dam. Honestly, a form of collaboration bewteen Dutch engineers and the Brit government.

It would seem that weather is shifting everywhere..

US is has frozen over badly. Tinkles has already ranted about weird weather in Tx

Over here, there's a drought going on since 2008 (not as bad as the California one)

But overall the stations are getting more extreme..

It used to go smoothly from rainy winters, to warmer srpings, to hot dry summers, to windy cool falls

Now it's almost 6 months of colder non-rainy winters abruptly ending to star hot summers..within 2 weeks

we are sooooo f*cked..

Whenever people lose their whole livelihoods and their houses to the bad weather because of water infiltrating everywhere, I think it's called a flood, dfiant, and while I get your sense of humour, I think we still need to show compassion and solidarity (in thought at least) with those who are afflicted. The floods in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall and Southern Wales have been very worrying and now the Thames has burst its banks, it's a worrying situation in Berkshire and Hertfordshire too... Earlier in the year it was Kent...
If you believe in this sort of stuff, it's the year of the Horse (for the Chinese) and the year of the horse always brings about rather radical things... Just another 12 months to get through, eh?

The Met Office has also said that there may be a link with climate change, but there is no proof... just a likelihood that it's all linked.

princealbertofb Wrote:Whenever people lose their whole livelihoods and their houses to the bad weather because of water infiltrating everywhere, I think it's called a flood, dfiant, and while I get your sense of humour, I think we still need to show compassion and solidarity (in thought at least) with those who are afflicted. The floods in Somerset, Devon and Cornwall and Southern Wales have been very worrying and now the Thames has burst its banks, it's a worrying situation in Berkshire and Hertfordshire too... Earlier in the year it was Kent...
If you believe in this sort of stuff, it's the year of the Horse (for the Chinese) and the year of the horse always brings about rather radical things... Just another 12 months to get through, eh?

I actually find this rather offensive PA, assuming that because I have a sense of humour rather than taking a dramatic stance that I am somehow devoid of emotion of the situation.

Different people deal and process things differently and having what appears to be a shot at someone character is rather off putting.

Stay safe will be thinking of you all over there..

Things aren't getting any better, the casualties/death toll is rising, one guy died trying to save a community centre for disadvantaged kids and contaminated water/sewage has caused deaths