Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
British Consul murdered in Homophobic attack
marshlander Wrote:Unfortunately Heinz did bend :mad: ... not that I ever bought many of their products before I stopped altogether.

In fairness it was regarding advertising rather than meaningful corporate policies like health benefits for same-sex partners (which may seem small print for those of us blessed (or is it cursed? Wink) with the NHS but is very important in the US). Far more interesting is that apart from the paranoid right-wing I don't know anyone who considered it a pro-gay advert. Also, I never bought any of their products anyway.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Fred,
The average US traveler to Jamaica sees little else beyond the airport and the inside of their resort, which is most often either fenced in or heavily patrolled by guards. So they are quite oblivious to what is going on outside their protected areas.
Most of the information I get about Jamaica comes from Brit expats living in the Caymans who have to brave Kingston to go to the British Embassy.
I may not be able to determine the internal policies of the Jamaican Government, but I can hold US companies who operate there accountable.
I also believe due to the hard economic times that are affecting travel, those companies will pay more attention and may react.

Marsh,
I never been a big Ketchup fan. I am salsa kind of guy:tongue:
I don't buy any Heinz products.
Boo!! Teresa Heinz-Kerry the new "Queen of mean". :mad: