Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brochure of an hotel in Beijing
Someone went to Beijing recently and was given this brochure by the hotel. It is precious. She is keeping it and reading it whenever she feels depressed.

Obviously, it has been transliterated directly, word for word from Mandarin to English

Getting There:

Our representative will make you wait at the airport. The bus to the hotel runs along the lake shore. Soon you will feel pleasure in passing water. You will know that you are getting near the hotel, because you will go round the bend. The manager will await you in the entrance hall. He always tries to have intercourse with all new guests.

The hotel:

This is a family hotel, so children are very welcome. We of course are always pleased to accept adultery. Highly skilled nurses are available in the evenings to put down your children. Guests are invited to conjugate in the bar and expose themselves to others. But please note that ladies are not allowed to have babies in the bar. We organize social games, so no guest is ever left alone to play with them self.

The Restaurant:

Our menus have been carefully chosen to be ordinary and unexciting. At dinner, our quartet will circulate from table to table, and fiddle with you.

Your Room:
Every room has excellent facilities for your private parts. In winter, every room is on heat. Each room has a balcony offering views of outstanding obscenity! . You will not be disturbed by traffic noise, since the road between the hotel and the lake is used only by pederasts.

Bed

Your bed has been made in accordance with local tradition. If you have any other ideas please ring for the chambermaid. Please take advantage of her. She will be very pleased to squash your shirts, blouses and underwear. If asked, she will also squeeze your trousers.

Above all:

When you leave us at the end of your holiday, you will have no hope. You will struggle to forget it."

How old is the brochure? Smile

Has it really happened or is it a joke? Smile

Nick9 Wrote:How old is the brochure? Smile

Has it really happened or is it a joke? Smile

I have no idea Nick, I just pickd it up from a recent posting on the Internet. I would have thought that things would have changed since I was last there in '88.

Smile I believe someone who knows Chinese could tell. Sometimes you can clearly see how and why a mistake was made if you know both languages.

Nick9 Wrote:Smile I believe someone who knows Chinese could tell. Sometimes you can clearly see how and why a mistake was made if you know both languages.

Well, there's someone here who speaks Chinese, maybe they can enlighten us.

Women NOT allowed to have babies in the bar??????!!!!

WELL!!!!

The Womens League is going to hear about THIS!!!!!

Reminds me of this..........

Brand culture failures: Car names translation problems

Of all products, cars have had the most translation problems. When people chuckled at General Motors’ Chevy Nova in Latin America, the automotive giant was perplexed. Until, that is, someone pointed out that ‘Nova’ means ‘It doesn’t go’ in Spanish.

Then there was the Mitsubishi Pajero sport utility that caused embarrassment in Spain, where ‘pajero’ is slang for ‘masturbator’.

Toyota’s Fiera car proved controversial in Puerto Rico, where ‘fiera’ translates to ‘ugly old woman’.

Likewise few Germans were enthusiastic about owning Rolls-Royce’s ‘Silver Animal Droppings’ car. To the English speaking world it bears the more romantic name ‘Silver Mist’.

And finally, Ford didn’t have the reception they expected in Brazil when their ‘Pinto’ car flopped. Then they discovered that in Brazilian Portuguese slang, ‘pinto’ means ‘small penis’.

Then again, I know my friend Brian would LOVE to own a Mitsubishi Pajero!!!!!

[Image: hearty-laugh.gif]

lol, Mr.T.,

IKEA company has had the same problems.

[Image: Ikea_hoven.jpg]

A lot of people were amused here at the name of the brown carpet. Its name means "shit" in our language.

We, on the other hand have no problem with

[Image: 12990-20.jpg]

Kitchens "Faktum" - that is pronounced as "fucktum" I wonder why the Americans didn't want to buy it? Rolleyes

Also IKEA is said to rename its desk Fartfull Smile

Here's another one.....

Scroll down to the slideshow box where it says "Products Lost in Translation"...
Its pretty funny....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10...65812.html