Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brothers and Sisters
I have one brother and two sisters. I only get really good along with my oldest sister. The younger one, my brother (he's the oldest) and me don't get along to very well. Especially with my brother there are often conflicts/discussions. But I sincerely love them from the bottom of my heart and most of the time we're having a great time together.

And in 90% of the discussions they are right because I'm a really stubborn and arrogant person....working on that Sheep

I have two younger sisters. I love being their big brother. We get along well. We tease a lot.

My youngest sister is super sweet, very sensitive and we've always been close. My middle sister is funny, a bit wild and she was always competitive with me when we were younger. Since she started college we have grown closer.

I love them. I hated sharing a bathroom with them though! Scared

Two older half brothers, 7 years and 10 years apart. We all have the same mother, all have different fathers. We don't get along very well. Haven't seen my oldest brother in ten years. He just got out of prison for selling cocaine. My other brother engages in a decent amount of alcohol consumption in place of any sort of profession or purpose.

That brother, the alcoholic, and I were close when we were very young, but he's been depressed and angry since high school and we have no idea how to relate to each other anymore. It's not like we are angry with each other, but It's strange, we grew up in a house together, shared a bed, and yet today when we're in the same room the atmosphere is as uncomfortable as if meeting total stranger.

I guess sharing an intimacy as close as a brother to brother relationship can somehow create this level of awkwardness. We know things about the other that no one else does. Perhaps we're unconsciously engaging in some type of familial cold war of information. When we were young I looked up to him and worshipped him like only a younger brother can. Today the situation is somewhat reversed. I can't tell if I'm his brother or his caretaker anymore.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

We are really close in age and we don't fight much but we kind of just do our own things. Big Grin

things get really confusing with my twin when it's our birthday ~
because we live in different timezones most of the time

soooo , on our last birthday i turned 24 several hours before my twin did even though he's about 20 minutes older than me . even weirder when i was in japan . i had my birthday more than half a day before he did 0__o ahahah

I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters, I am the oldest.

Growing up, I guess I never felt particularly close to one or the other, but I think that's fairly normal for a large family dynamic.

As an adult, I am by far closest to my baby sister Katherine, and my baby brother Clayne. I talk to them more than any of my other relatives, when I go home I spend more time with them, etc etc.

I guess that why is partly a protectiveness, I did after all change their diapers when they were babies lol. The other part though is they are more open minded and less judgemental than the rest of my family and so I gravitate towards them.

Katherine is actually the one member of my family that I think I could come out to without being ostracized.

Anyway, that's me.

Richard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

not out to my family but i talked to my 7year+ brother a few years ago. He said; "he repressed gay urges all his life".

on a side note:
As i out lived the family, at this point cant see how this did my brother a lot of good. Save a life; I should have asked him out on a date back when.

I have 2 sisters,1 older by 4 years,1 younger by 1 year~ We're very close to each other. Although we fight a lot as kids,but I noticed as we grew up and further our study each at different places (I'm in my country, my sisters are in Egypt, Alexandria and Cairo respectively), we get even closer. In my culture,it's very common to refer to the oldest sibling as old bro/sis,and so on,but we call each other by name and rarely felt that one is older than the other. That raised some awkwardness when people tried to 'teach' us how to respect each other as siblings,duh. Anyway,I don't contact them that frequent to be honest since they contact my parents very frequently (almost daily with my lil sis) and since I'm studying in the country,I went back home on weekends and get updated just as frequent. When they're home for summer break though,we sometimes get on each other nerves and relive our fights during our childhood,lol. Sometimes I feel like we never actually grow up judging from how childish we are at 20s compared to our 20s cousins. :tongue:

i have one brother he has autism, hes a year and 8 months younger than me. we get along brillantly

oneofcuriousity Wrote:i have one brother he has autism, hes a year and 8 months younger than me. we get along brillantly

That's nice to hear. Smile
An eye for an eye