Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushing your teeth
I was brushing my teeth this evening and it occured to me, why when you see someone brushing their teeth in a toothpaste or toothbrush ad. on TV, they always have a broad smile and showing all their teeth? Why? No one to the best of my knowledge, brushes their teeth with their mouth open. Or do you?

they dont show someone wearing a condom either
just accept it would not make a positive difference for the product

Most toothpastes claim to give "extra super white teeth" and "super essential attractive smiles!" so obviously they need to show people with perfect teeth in the commercials.

I think it's a subliminal thing, given the medium.

I open my mouth when I brush my teeth. That's because I like to look at my teeth in the mirror while brushing so I know where I'm brushing.

Don't you get toothpaste all over the place doing it that way?

While we're on the subject, how manhy times a day do you brush your teeth and for how long. I? Minimum of three times and for two minutes each time.

I brush twice a day and... I don't know. Somewhere between 1-2 minutes :o

Cause they're show-offs lol!

I brush as many times a day as I can, the minimum is 3 though...we're not allowed to bring toothbrushes to work Sad. I don't spend too long though, cause I gots stuff to do, but probably 1-2mins.

Although, I can't give a "Full, broad smile", because having 6 Canines, 2 on bottom, and 4 on top, it makes me look like an animal or something x.x.

Like the 2 most forward ones tend to make me look "vampyric", so unless it's halloween, I tend not to give full smiles :/.

(and to answer the "why not get them fixed" question, 1) I'm poor and am on HIP insurance,so... And 2) The top 4 (two on each side) share a nerve, so taking one out may affect the other one negatively)

I clean me teeth 5 or 6 times a day,,, just pop them out, drop them into a bowl, and put a Polident tablet in. BaerBaer

^^^Rofl

I do 'smile' well bare my teeth when I am brushing the front ones... when doing the sides I tend to have my lips more closed and my jaw open wide to reach that 8th wisdom tooth a mile back.... :tongue: