Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffy
Meh. I always thought Buffy was a show for teenagers with no depth or character development. It's definitely not for me.

VileKyle Wrote:Meh. I always thought Buffy was a show for teenagers with no depth or character development. It's definitely not for me.

it definitely has character development

spike and willow are probably the best examples ~~

megumidesu Wrote:it definitely has character development

spike and willow are probably the best examples ~~

Yeah, I'd say Spike especially, considering he was never really meant to be more than a one-off character. But they liked him so much, he managed to become one of the main villains of the season (until Angelus kinda de-throned him), and then went on to last longer than Buffy did xD

Also worth a mention I think is Cordelia, especially in her time on Angel. Always felt they kinda screwed her over in the end though. I don't think Angel was very good at finding things to do with its female characters.

I mean, Cordy and Fred had decent runs... but then, Lihla kinda got the axe a little prematurely I felt (har-de-har-har), Gwen Raiden got brought in and... abandoned... Harmony was kind of wasted too, and Nina Ash was meant to be Angel's girlfriend, but only appeared in like 2 or 3 episodes. And she was meant to be a main character in Season Six (had it happened) so you'd think they would've made more effort with her Laugh

Edit: And oh god! Kate Lockley!? She just got dropped out of thin air as well!! Sad

I thought I'd share this as I found it very creative, sort of a YT collage mixing Rob Zombie and Buffy (including the characters talking), including in some odd creative ways (and a little Angel). This would be for the fans who can recognize which is Buffy dialog as well as how it gets mixed up and also that which is Rob Zombie:

I have heard that Buffy may be returning to TV.
An eye for an eye

With a new name Puffy the vampire smoker Smile

Naw, there was a rumor spread by certain members of the Buffy staff (i.e- the useless ones who retained rights since the movies, but had no input on the TV series), but it was eventually admitted to have merely been an attempt to get Whedon involved by making him think the series would be brought back without him, and it's good name ruined. He didn't fall for it.

Sadly, Season Eight/Nine and Angel & Faith (the comics) are the only continuation we're ever likely to see; the franchise has had too many failed attempts now, the Spike movie, the Faith series, the Animated series... etc, etc. And Whedon's too busy working with Marvel to have time for any other projects at the moment - and a Buffy without Whedon would work about as well as... Angel did without Whedon xD

Saying that, give it another decade and we'll probably be witness to a revival or reboot of some sorts. Most of the cast themselves have stated (including SMG (oh my god, her name is a gun! xD)) that they wouldn't be up for a movie due to the fact that Buffy the TV Series worked so well because of it's long arcs and character development - which is were the movie failed. However her Buffyship has said in interview that if Whedon could show her a script, and prove it would work, she would be up for it... so who knows? But saying that, it's most likely the series will be brought back at a far later time, with new actors, and better/cheaper special effects. Buffy was not a cheap show to make after all..

Still, as far as Buffy fans are concerned, the comics should be more than satisfying for just now. I'm waiting until Season Nine is finished before I start reading it, but I've heard rumor there's now a male, gay slayer (which I'm hoping will be explained...) so it's not like the franchise is dead Smile