Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buffy
CrashTurtle Wrote:So it seems lame but I'm a huge Buffy fan. So if anyone else shares my love for all things Buffy then feel welcome to talk about it here! Not very many people around me understand Smile

Sorry. I've seen some episodes but I can't say that I am a fan

Here are some well done trailers for both Buffy and Angel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/BuffyverseTr...e=playlist

And here's the trailer for s1 Buffy:

For those who just want to see some butt-kicking women, I LOVE this one (and I normally skip the more violent ones, but this seemed to capture the essence of the two characters and what it meant to be a Slayer, somehow):

And one of THE best tributes to Buffy, IMO:

And for anyone who appreciates the witches and magicks more (includes many scenes from Angel, especially Angel scenes with Buffy characters guest starring):

And have to add, Buffy vs. Edward (Twilight)!

I watched it on Netflix and really liked it. Big Grin

Haha, couldn't help but share these two songs from Once More With Feeling - the musical episode. Would have shared more, but these are the only two I could find with original clips.

And a little "trailer" for my favourite villain of the Buffyverse :3 Cause Wicked Willow, as I like to call her, is flippin' awesome! Laugh

IMO, Joss Whedon is brilliant for making the absurd and too silly work, including the singing ep. Where he really outdone himself was the Angel ep where demons infiltrate this world to steal the innocence of children to sell as a powerful drug in the Hell dimensions, and to facilitate that they use powerful magic that gives them the form of puppets for a children's TV program (and using the guy who created the show who had sold his soul to make it happen), and Angel gets turned into a puppet...so freaking hilarious...and brilliant as it worked within the premises of the show (even if no one thought it would happen)! (Don't forget how in s1 Buffy there was also a possessed puppet, too...)

And don't forget the one he made almost completely without words because the scary fairy tale critters (Gentlemen) stole everyone's voices! IIRC, that one won an award...and deserved it!

i was more of a charmie than a Scooby but I loved them both on the wb

kidchameleon Wrote:Haha, couldn't help but share these two songs from Once More With Feeling - the musical episode. Would have shared more, but these are the only two I could find with original clips.

And a little "trailer" for my favourite villain of the Buffyverse :3 Cause Wicked Willow, as I like to call her, is flippin' awesome! Laugh

Just watched all three videos and loooooooove the line in "Life's A Show" when Giles says "She needs backup," and Tara & Anya become her backup dancers. Brilliant.

I know, it's just little things like that that make me think Joss Whedon really is a genius Tongue
He just has a brilliant eye for the little moments :3

Something I've been meaning to share...Buffy/Angel is more than action/horror, it's also soap, drama, and comedy. Just off the top of my head a trio of hardcore geeks (who have learned to harness the Hellmouth to become comic book villains, or something close anyway) try to spy on Buffy unnoticed paint a giant Death Star on the side of the van...and when one asks what's that, the other 2 miss the point that it's conspicuous and start arguing how accurate it is...plus the horn was the Star Wars theme. Roflmao

Early on, immediately after Buffy's mom Joyce realizes Buffy is the Slayer (and so much suddenly makes sense), she encounters the vampire Spike and they're having a casual conversation (Joyce still in shock about vampires, Slayers, etc) and she asks Spike, "Have we met?"

"You hit me with an ax." When she blinks he adds what she'd said to him in that earlier episode, "Get away from my daughter."

Joyce, still trying to get her bearings goes, "Oh!" Then looking uncomfortable like she was embarrassed by the entire ax incident or should be polite she asks politely and pleasantly, "So how have you been since then?" Roflmao

Here's what happens when Buffy accidentally gets infected with the blood of a telepathic demon (later it gets on the scary side, very dramatic, and then the ending....which you'd need to know about the ep where a warlock had made the adults in town revert to teenage behavior...was the best part!):

Here's a scene from the Angel ep where I mentioned Angel had been turned into a puppet by demonic magic (so demons could take the form of puppets to prey on kids):

ETA: Sorry, I guess the video I thought this was got deleted, this is a fan trailer to both Buffy and Angel, but I'll leave it:

And then there's this for how poetic and expressive the lines can be:

Naturally, it can pull you in, it's a story that builds on itself (so she starts as a high schooler and then Buffy is in college and with adult duties as her mom dies, and so on, and much more serious, her carefree youth over). But for those that just like the violence, well this one appeals to me for some reason...

Maybe a couple more later.