Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullies: the documentary
http://healthland.time.com/2012/03/12/bu...e-rated-r/

Quote:If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then how to quantify the impact of a movie? The good that could potentially come out of swarms of kids seeing Bully — which opens in U.S. theaters March 30 — far outweighs any damage that may come from them hearing a four-letter word they undoubtedly already know, says Epling, who lives in East Lansing, and serves as co-director of Bully Police USA, a grassroots organization of educators, parents and law enforcement that tracks state laws on bullying. “As a parent who has gone through this, I think this film is very powerful,” he says. “The few words in there are there because that’s the reality of the situation. When we have an opportunity as a society to put a dent in one of the largest problems across the U.S. facing children today, we should re-evaluate our priorities.”

Thank you for sharing Pix.
I really hope this will bring more awareness to this very cruel behavior.

Well there was a girl who challenged the MPAA's rating, she made on online petition wich me and a ton of other people signed. She delivered the petition to the MPAA which said they can't change the R rating in order to be "consistent"

Everyone knows that the MPAA is corrupt. It was documented in a documentary called "This Film is not Yet Rated". For example foul language and sex warrant harsher ratings than violence. Sexual situations between same sex couples are judged far more harshly than sexual situations between heterosexual. Supposedly board members must be parents of school age children, yet many have adult children or no children at all.

Thanks Pix, I'm deadset keen on seeing this, I eagerly await its release.

I just wanted to mention that I had signed the online petition a while ago and ended up talking to my mom about it a couple days ago. Today she told me that she heard Bully is now being released without a rating. Step in the right direction!