Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bully is a synonym for coward
Throughout my life I feel that gays draw bullys and homophobes the way shit draws flies and maggots. Lately I feel things are worse. They no longer act like they should keep their opinion to themselves.

I also believe in MAD-mutual assured destruction. When the US and USSR faced off both new the other nation could respond in kind. The result would be total annhilation for both nations.

I was well trained as a marine as a young man. I have never picked a fight with another man and I have never run from a fight if I had no choice. I am invariably described as a quiet man. I say hello to everyone. I will talk to anyone about anything. I am always remembered by people for some odd behavior on my part.

Recently I was talking again to the woman who was annoyed when I said I was gay---she refuses to believe that. She told me that people at the pool where I used to live were discussing me. Someone talked about how I used to like to play with a blind dog. Kids thought it was funny that I played hide'n seek with a blind dog. Apparently some people find that weird.:confused::confused::confused::confused::

The other complaint I always hear is that I have a temper. I agree with that statement. I definitely have a temper.Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:

Some years back I was walking with my lover, Tom. in Manhattan where we both lived. Tom and I had dinner with 4 other gay guys. We decided to head to some bar after dinner. We were walking down the street. Tom and I were in the lead since we knew where we were going. The other 4 were maybe 50 feet behind. Tom and I approached 3 young men who were loudly referring to the guys behind us as a bunch of faggots. The loudest said lets wipe the streets with those faggots. Faggots had no right to live with decent people.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Let's pause. I am 6'1" about 190 lbs. Tom is 5'10" about 140 lbs. Tom and I were talking quietly to each other as guys in love will. Four friends seemed rather gay, flamboyant or something to piss off fat slob who was insulting them. This slob piece of shit was about 3" taller and 80 lbs heavier. He wreaked of beer. He was 35 and entertaining 2 late teenage males. Beer cans littered the street, As I walked up street I saw the slob littering the street with beer cans. Guys I never litter. I don't drink beer on streets and insult strangers. I got pissed.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back to story. I smiled and told fatso this was his lucky day. I was the faggot he was looking for, My name is John--what is yours fatso. He seemed annoyed because my nose touched his nose when I told him my name. He said he wasn't talking to me. He was talking to those faggots behind me. Why do you want to talk to those guys. You said you want to wipe the streets with a faggot. I was laughing out loud. He seemed to be sobering up in a hurry. His 2 punks got up and came toward me. I said to Tom--oh look the Bobsey twins are coming to fatso's rescue. Tom was getting annoyed with me. John don't pick on 3 drunks we might get arrested. Tom I never said one fucking word to these guys before they announced they wanted to wipe the streets with a faggot. Fatso and friends decided to leave and started to walk away. I ran in front of fatso. Tom thinks I'm going to get arrested. I was walking bakwards directly in front of this slob. Hey call the police I whispered. Fatso says why should I call the police. I said--Tell the police to bring the jaws of life. They will need them to pull my fucking hands off your throat. At this point Tom started to grab and pull me away. The 3 left on the run. I was very pissed at Tom. Everytime I get to have fun, Tom. you interfere. Soothingly Tom would say he didn't want to visit me at Bellview or Rikers Island.Icon16:eek::redface:Cry:confused::frown::tongue::biggrin:CoolAstrosmiley2RolleyesWink:mad:Confusedmile:

Tom and I had a perfect relationship. Everytime I decided to kill someone Tom would come up with good reasons to keep me out of prison. Tom was somewhat more adventurous than I was. He was new to New York. I was born in Harlem and new every lousy neighborhood he was interested in seeing. Tom and I always had strange dates in the South Bronx and other bad neighborhoods. He always seemed surprised I new NY by Catholic parishes not official names. I know what part of the boro of Manhattan is on the mainland of US. A lot of people think the island of Manhattan is the entire boro. It ain't. I can be a very pigheaded bastard when it suits me. Some gay guys feel very safe with me even if I don't seem very gay.Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:Confusedmile:

Gay is not a synonym for coward. On the other hand BULLY IS A SYNONYM FOR COWARD . I learned that in 65 years of life.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I suspect all gay guys of being sinners like me. Many gay guys are as arrogant as I am. Virtually all gay guys are more noticeably gay than I am. I hope goddamn homophobes don't mistake us for a bunch of sissies, Their are too many gay men who have fought and died for our countries.WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink
Since joining GS many gay members are bullies.

Hello,
It was an interesting thing to read... I remember one time i was walking up the street holding my partners hand... He was a tad drunk and this guy came along and called us a couple of queers and I just stopped and said to him... What gives ya the right to judge me by your own standards??? He said i aint no gay... I said well you definately aint secure in your sexuality mate... You worried your missing out on something??? He told me i was a dirty bastard and i just reply with humour and said... I can be especially in the bedroom deptpartment... He didnt respond and walked off.... I have on other hands jumped in protected someone getting gay bashed and got a pasting myself for interphering... l dont mind that i can take it alot of people cant

gilhooly Wrote:Throughout my life I feel that gays draw bullys and homophobes the way shit draws flies and maggots.

Wait... did you just compare gays to shit??

Tongue

You would claim never to have picked a fight in your life; going nose to nose with a stranger on the street and calling them fatso seems pretty provocative to me.

The emphasis in your post on height and build of all the participants suggests strongly that the the prospect of a fight features somewhat more prominently in your mind than it does in mine, but then I suspect I'm a coward.

gilhooly Wrote:To rakmatis:
Apologize if it reads like that. After 65 yrs I can't seem to avoid homophobes. They seem much more outspoken than they used to be. I meant it as a metaphor not a simile.

Yes, and I meant it as sarcasm, a joke. I think its very amusing though that you make posts that seem so kind and caring yet you send me private messages spewing hatred and belittling me.

wow you sir are brave and i would understand that your bf tom wouldn't want you to be in prison because obviously he really loves you but the fact that you stood toe to toe against those 3 shows that your really not scared. i have a temper too but i probably would chicken out and not step up to them like that and the fact that you said that you virtually are not noticeably gay i'm the same way too since i don't have the gay features.
this was a really interesting story and your right bully is a synonym for coward.
your brave your really brave lolConfusedmile:

i understand what you mean you are you and you care for others and you don't want no one else hurt

About the rakmatis thing; he's not straight but whether he's bi or gay im not too sure Tongue Though the only thing that he was trying to say was that his first comment was a simple joke. No big deal, really.

No, not always. Actually, usually it is not. Almost all bullies out there have been bullied and tortured in some way too. They are not to blame. People around them should have cared enough to help them get through it.