Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleabag's Ben Aldridge comes out celebrating Pride Month
[Image: 82a32007b57f22cc99a62579890255afb02e5331.jpg]
Ben on the right!

Fleabag and Our Girl star Ben expressed his gratitude at being a part of the community as he celebrates Pride Month

Actor Ben Aldridge has come out as an "incredibly proud" member of the LGBTQ+ community.

Ben, 34, who's starred in a number of hit British TV series, told of his "incredible pride" - despite coronavirus forcing Pride Month revellers to hold off on the outdoor celebrations.

The Fleabag and Our Girl star shared a number of historical snaps in a Pride Month Instagram post.

The first showed the Gay Liberation March in London's Leicester Square in 1972, while the second was of Stonewall activists Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera, in the 1973 Pride march through New York City.

Ben also posted black and white footage of him kissing an unknown man on the cheek, and a poster of the Progress flag with the words: "Choose love."

Ben captioned the post: "The journey to pride was a long one for me.

"I love the LGBTQ+ community and am incredibly proud and thankful to be a part of it.

"So much won. So much more to fight for. #pride."

Our Girl co-star Michelle Keegan left a heart emoji in the comments section, as fans offered congratulations and their own coming out stories.

"So proud of you," a Ben Aldridge fan account wrote, "Happy Pride #pride."

Another gushed: "YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD. Xxxxx."

Ben took on the role of "A******e Guy" across from Phoebe Waller-Bridge in Fleabag, and co-starred with Michelle as Captain James in Our Girl.

He also starred in historical drama Reign, and more recently portrayed Thomas Wayne on Batman spin-off Pennyworth.

He's also set to take on a role in upcoming series Skinny Dip.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Congrats to Ben!
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!