Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Burly' straight guy has accident goes into a coma and wakes up gay?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/articl...ds-newsxml

Gonna be honest that is pretty insane. What do you think?

Sounds insane.
I have read about people changing sexual orientation after a heart transplant.

If you believe homosexuality is part of your genetic makeup than this story is bs. This kid was either gay from birth or went off the deep end mentally and adopted a "gay similar" lifestyle. It's seems impossible that your brain can be "rewired" so that anyone can be "transformed" from gay to straight or vice versa. But then again I'm not a doctor or psychologist.

Hello,
I did read this in the dail;y star and i must admit he must be gay all along but unable to show it until after this episode where he can be gay and say a coma did it....

Kindest regards

zeon

Oh Please ,what a load of Bovine Scat.
If we are going to get to the bottom of this then let us analyse this with logical reasoning.
Lex parsimoniae and the simplest answer is blame it on the male nurses that gave him a sponge bath.Rolleyes
Sorry could not resist .

The man was always gay , but that far in the closet that he reached Narnia.

Rainbowmum Wrote:Oh Please ,what a load of Bovine Scat.
If we are going to get to the bottom of this then let us analyse this with logical reasoning.
Lex parsimoniae and the simplest answer is blame it on the male nurses that gave him a sponge bath.Rolleyes
Sorry could not resist .

The man was always gay , but that far in the closet that he reached Narnia.

Yes we certainly need to get to the bottom of it...!
Invasion

To be honest it is totally plausible, when a person has a stroke certain neural pathways of the brain can shutdown whilst also forming new connections. There are other stories about people who have had strokes who have "gained" new abilities, one guy imparticular turned into a bit of a picasso and could find he could paint amazingly without prior training. One woman woke up with a japanese accent eventhough she was broad scottish before her stroke. Another woman ended up with a jamaican accent. We only use a small part of our brains and we don't really undertsand it that well so who knows? If anything just think of the positive implications, if this guy did have a stroke and it "made him gay" it only emphasises that homosexuality is perfectly natural and it is wired into the brain inheritidly into everyone. So I'm of the opinion it totally is possible and wish the guy all the best, to be honest I think him being happy and finding partner a good thing, I think alot of people could be traumatised after such an event and he seems to have handled it well. The brain is a strange thing. Confusedmile:

I believe this story and am proud of him Smile

While my gut would like to pass this off and say 'Hey he was gay anyway, he just had a near death experience and decided to come out.'

But then the logical part of me, the part that has collected trivial data over the years says, hold on, similar things have happened before.

There is a guy who hit his head, got just one concussion. He NEVER played piano before in his life, now he does, and he sees music all the time, and he hears music all the time.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4430699/man-b...oncussion/
and
http://rapidcityjournal.com/lifestyles/a...03286.html

If you know how concussions work and how they send through a burst of neural activity at the time of the injury, then the connection between being hit on the head and having a stroke becomes clearer. Strokes also send a similar burst of neural activity.

In both cases neurons burn out, the brain rewires itself in subtle ways. In one case a man becomes a pianist, in another... well he turned gay.

The brain is the least understood organ in the human body. It still defies logic in many ways.

No there is no gay gene. There is also no straight gene. Stop looking at the genes. yes you may still stare at jeans, just leave genes out of the equation.:tongue:

All of the more recent studies point at factors that take place in the womb, hormonal, chemical changes in mom while the fetus is developing leading to brain structures that are slightly different in ways we do not clearly understand.

This is why one brother sharing the same genetic code with the other can be born straight, while the other is gay. What went on inside of mom during pregnancy is setting the stage.

Thus it is a brain thing, in the case of this one man, we have an indicator that the brain can be rewired, changing a persons sexual preference. In the rest of us, the brain was wired before we were born.

Thank you for the links Bowyn Aerrow .
That is totaly amazing ,I humbly apologise for my cynicism and criticism.