Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business and friendship don't mix?
thanks everybody, some good advice there! I couldn't quote everybody so I just have to reply generally Smile I forgot there's some awesome people on this site

I think the gist is you CAN be friends with people you work with, and that's ideal, like Kiid and Queenodi were saying. It's this odd oxymoron in business where in personality you have to be warm yet cold; it's taking me some getting used to. It's like - "You're so wonderful! let's work together! (as long as you make me money >.>") ... yuck.

I'm sure it will sort, it sounds a bit detatched but I'm not losing any sleep over it ^_^

I wouldn't say don't mix friendship with business. You just have to know the difference between the two and the appropriate time for play and the appropriate time for work. Although, some people do take advantage of that and will rip you off so of course it would become personal. You have to put your foot down at the beginning of the friendship.

I'll use friends for business. Sometimes you find out how good a friend they are. In other words if things break down for the business arrangement how trusting can they be for anything else.

This person did you a fav, know you know...

No the two never mix.

This is why one has to separate friendship from business. If two friends can conduct business separate from their friendship then by all means do business together.

I personally have found that this is very difficult for most people, thus when confronted with business I usually decline, or I prepare to take a loss and 'live with' the loss if it takes place.

Quote:because my images were not up to standard

Who decided this? Is there truth there?

If another client said/believed this what would you do?

I grew up ins family that runs a business so I feel family and business is kinda ok, but friendship is harder.

I am really sorry for what you went through and I hope you have better luck going forward.

it can be hard. if you mess up with the business the friend is gonna get mad

Business and friends can mix so long as there are firm ground rules in place.