Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
But you don't act gay...
So I play hockey (goalie) on a city league team and the other night after a game I was out with my teammates and IDK, someone asked me about my ex BF and some guy I didn't really know who had just been telling me I was a "freaking maniac" on the ice (I think it was a compliment lol) was all, like, You're gay??? Followed by, Well...I guess it's OK, you don't act gay...
And what the hell was I supposed to say to that? He sounded like he was waiting for a thank you. One of my teammates saw I was a little put out and made a remark that made us all laugh and it passed. But, seriously...

Yep afraid it does happen, being gay in some peoples eyes means fitting a stereotype not true of course, just have to roll with it.

A lot of people are like this sadly! I guess it means you don't prance around in a tutu? :p I don't understand why people assume gay guys are all super camp!
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Being gay is not about your behavior but about who you love or are attracted to. My opinion.

I saw a movie the other day where an actor was playing an actor and he was playing a gay man and the way he did that was to talk with a lisp, like gay people have speech impairments. Which they do not.

Happens often, sadly. I try to seize the opportunity to teach them that stereotypes very rarely match reality. That's when I've finally stopped laughing...

Just remember, he probably didn't mean it the wrong way, he just never met a normal gay guy before. We're kinda cool and trendy, but also expected to act a certain way *Hairflip*

To be honest I more than likely say similar things :/
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Thanks for joining the ranks of the pioneers!! Did you know you are a pioneer! Not many really give a puck, but I do! Remybussi Laugh
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

I've never been told that, guess I act gay! LOL
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

CellarDweller Wrote:I've never been told that, guess I act gay! LOL
You, damn fag! Imurevenge
;-)

CellarDweller Wrote:I've never been told that, guess I act gay! LOL

Yep sorry CellarDweller seems you are gay after all, just have to accept it heheElefantElefantElefant